Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2019, 11:41 AM

Default Can't update my support code. [SOLVED]

I renewed my HD support package recently and tried to update my avid account today with the new code.

When I try to enter the new code I get - "Sorry, there was an error redeeming your support code. Please try again or contact Avid Customer Care".....anyone else ever have this?

I've contact Avid but haven't heard back yet, thought I'd see if there was an easy fix here.

Thanks!
Chris
Old 05-10-2019, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Can't update my support code.

Something similar happened to my friends setup and he solved it by trying another web browser. Think he used chrome instead.

Let us know what happens and I will escalate this to Avid Support otherwise.

And pls post the Support case code if you need help from support so I can include it and they can find it and solve it quicker.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 05-10-2019, 12:11 PM

Thanks for the reply. I tried Firefox and Chrome and both have the same problem. My support case number is 03701195. Thanks!
Old 05-10-2019, 05:49 PM

Just an update. I got an email from Avid support saying:

"Your Pro Tools Ultimate Support Plan has already expired so this code will not work. What you need is a Reinstatement Code to reactivate your Support Plan."

I bought my support plan about a week BEFORE my plan expired (and of course I can prove it).

So now I'm being told the code is no longer valid.I don't get it....I paid for a year of support.

Of course I've written to avid support also but I tend to get answers here much quicker.

Thanks!
Chris
Old 05-10-2019, 09:57 PM

When you buy the yearly plan, you should enter the code prior to the expiration of your previous plan--Avid wouldn't necessarily know when you purchased the plan (you could have purchased it from any vendor) and associate that with your expiring plan. I would assume, though, that if you prove to Avid that you purchased the plan prior to the expiration of your previous year's plan, that they would then honor it--but I don't know for sure about that.
Old 05-11-2019, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehaber View Post
When you buy the yearly plan, you should enter the code prior to the expiration of your previous plan--Avid wouldn't necessarily know when you purchased the plan (you could have purchased it from any vendor) and associate that with your expiring plan. I would assume, though, that if you prove to Avid that you purchased the plan prior to the expiration of your previous year's plan, that they would then honor it--but I don't know for sure about that.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I would think they’ll have to honor it seeing as though I bought it when I was supposed to...I’ll be livid if not.

I’ll update the situation in case anyone is interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2019, 09:28 AM

Just an update for anyone that might be interested.

It looks like Avid are not going to honour my HD support update I bought before my plan expired. They are saying I didn't use it in time and now it's no good.

No one told me that it would expire, it's a year long subscription so I expected it would be valid for a year.

So it seems I spent $400 on something that won't be honoured and now I'm being told I need the reinstatement code which is another $1000!

I've been a protools TDM then HD user since 2000...if this isn't resolved I'm done.

I've never had such brutal customer service from any audio company let alone one I've invested so much in.

Chris Aiken
Old 05-27-2019, 05:40 PM

Another update (for those interested) in my case of brutal Avid customer service.

The person I've been dealing with at customer service has passed my case off to another department and I've now been waiting 11 days to hear anything back....crickets.

Entered on: 5/17/2019 8:09 PM Entered by: Jaimark

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the update.

We have forwarded this issue to our Licensing Team, presented your case and I will update you by email once resolution is made.

We are working diligently to make your experience with Avid products the best that it can be.

Regards,
Jaimark A.
Avid Global Customer Care

Going on 3 weeks now with back and forth emails. Really not happy with the treatment.

Chris
Old 06-01-2019, 12:38 PM

Big thanks to Jeffro for over riding the Avid support guys that were handling this and solving it in about 10 minutes!
Old 04-22-2020, 05:13 AM

Default Re: Can't update my support code. [SOLVED]

B.t.w. how long is the grace period? I thought 30 days?
I got the same error.
But on my products site there is still the option to buy the "Pro Tools support and update plan renewal".
So, it should work with the redeem code from my dealer also.