Old 04-16-2015, 09:03 AM
Avid

Default Re: PUBLIC List of Artist Series / Eucon PROBLEMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiosus View Post
hi there,

yes. linear knobs would be great.

also custom mapping for the knobs.

or dyn and eq buttons that actually show every eq or dyn plugin of a channel, not just the first one.

another new bug that I observed: Kyle showed in a S3 video the abiltiy to create layouts by slecting the first channel of a layout on the surface, then storing it to a empty layout. works pretty fast. nice. lets assume this selected channel would be my gituar. But if I add a channel in my protools session in front of the guitar, this easily created layout doesn't start anymore on my guitar. It's offset by one. thats a pitty.

I own a artist mix and a transport for over three years now. the faders are working great for riding volume or send levels. but the knobs are just pretty much useless for me. I did not touch them for months. Due to the inconsistent layouts of plugins, tweaking plugins with my mouse is just much faster. And i have attempted to get used to the knoblayouts several times. It would almost double the value of my artist mix if i could finally use the knobs in a reasonable way.
1. Linear knobs
2. Adaptive layouts
3. Custom/better default plugin mapping

good summary?

JC
Old 04-16-2015, 02:11 PM

Hi JC,

Perfect. But my priorities would be:

1. Custom/better default plugin mapping
2. Linear knobs
3. Adaptive layouts

All the best.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:25 PM

I have high hopes about the linear knobs being addressed.. It's my one main hinderance with this investment (aside from lack of jog wheel precision).

While the layout editing could definitely use improvement, it's more of a one-time pain while plugin editing is needed in every project.

Many thanks and looking forward to new releases with anticipation
Old 04-16-2015, 11:25 PM

Just a general,comment, though I think ideascale is great, I also think there is a lot of groundwork to be done with the ISV's (i.e. Steinberg) that signed up for EUCON support and then some who are relying on mackie protocol to work properly (i.e. RME)
There should be an urge to fix the advertized ecosystem first, without this being called out on Ideascale.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:05 AM

Hello,

I'd like the wheelkeys leds bug on Artist Transport to be fixed.

Since Eucontrol 3, the leds don't light green or red.

As soon you're back to 2.7.1, they are ok.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=359249

As a new feature, I would also like to be able to send midi messages with softkeys, buttons, knobs, wheels or faders.

Last edited by Voyageur; 04-17-2015 at 04:53 AM.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanoffski View Post
Please fix Logic Pro X support!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphie View Post
In Cubase 8
- preset browsing doesn't work
- the mix (open/close) button doesn't work
- Quick controls don't spill all 8 values (sometimes 1, sometimes 3, but never 8)
- You can't arm EQ, only change Q, freq and dB, so impossible to enable /dissable the 1/2/3/4 bands.
- Eq presets don't spill over the tracks, can't see/scroll them either
JC touched this very briefly, but 3rd party software that are compatible with eucon are compatible because the maker of those software used the eucon sdk to make their software compatible with eucon and vice versa. If something is broken in a 3rd party software in relation to eucon, then you should contact them and ask them to fix it, as it's not Avid's responsibility to support 3rd parties products.

Wave-T.com
Old 04-17-2015, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg View Post
Where is JC Haydon? I'm ready for a new round of empty promises.
No empty promises from JC. Just meaningless, dismissive statements and faux concern.

I have a really hard time understanding how anyone could go through life working at a customer-facing job while demonstrating so little respect their customers. Is that a job requirement for customer-facing roles at Avid, or is it just part of the corporate culture that changes people for the worse, once they work for Avid? Perhaps both?

MackieControl Protocol: Artist Mix is advertised as supporting it, but it doesn't. JD advised starting an Ideascale report, did, it's the #2 bug for Artist Mix. For a while, it was the #1. http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=354097 http://protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd/...on/122848-3779

Yeah yeah, there are lots of Artist Mix users out there. I know a bunch, they are all unhappy with Avid because of the various bugs. They use Protools in their studio because their customers expect it, but none are happy about being Avid customers. You don't hear complaints or feedback from them because it's universally known that reporting bugs to Avid is like talking to a brick wall.

Last edited by amuntner; 04-20-2015 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Edit text of alleged infraction. Response: It wasn't an insult, it was an opinion based on direct observation.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Haydon View Post
Good feedback.

We can definitely promote Ideascale better.

For the past few months we've been trying to move the quantification of user needs to Ideascale from these forums. These forums are great for dialog and interaction but the only way we can get all of product management on board for prioritization across EUCON/Pro Tools/all EUCON surfaces is to quantify user needs. Ideascale is great for that because the ranking and rating comes from you, the users, rather than our interpretation of a conversation or a forum thread.

http://www.protools.ideascale.com/

JC
Thanks for your reply JC.... the problem is that this is useless for us... we have been asking for some basic stuff and you have still not even think about it... We cannot spend more than 4000$ in your surfaces and things like Surround panner is totally useless...... (https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=9kyQNG_RVPE)

We are really disappointed with the support that avid gives to the actual customers....

Here are my toughs:

1. Surround panner.
2. Better eucon edition program.
3. Custom map of the plugins (as in c24 or even MAudio Keyboard....)
4. Scroll into view scroll also the controller in previous versions! Please support your customers, and don't try to make us upgrade to version 12 to solve this... we will upgrade as soon as we need it!

5. VCA spill
6. Future support of the Ipad app. don't forget our controllers....

7. Better Snapshot creation process, more integrated in the pro tools app...
8. Flip on one controller makes the rest also flipped!
9. Studio sxpress is not working anymore.... we have a studio monitor control just for.... NOTHING?

10. please read your customers bugs and request and don't make them to vote for being listened. Not to many people knows what idealescale is, so, please read us too!

Best,

Alvaro
Old 04-20-2015, 06:54 AM

Simple example: SHIFT + MIX works today in Cubase 8 Pro, with 3.0.1, but is broken in any later version incl. 3.2.2