Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-04-2006, 07:00 PM

Default no game audio?

hey everyone,

I've been using pro tools for about a year at school and I finally got my own 002r. After I installed pro tools 6.9 on my pc and configured my audio settings to use the 002 as my default playback output and then configured quicktime settings for itunes. everything was working fine through the 002 interface. I am able to play music and videos through windows media player and quicktime through the 002 interface no problem. My problem comes when I try to play games. NO AUDIO OUTPUT????...Ive read tons of the forums about going and downloading the digi MME helper to add programs to the opt in list....i did that....and it still doesent work....

does any one have any other suggestions as to what I can do to get some game audio?....im sure some of you guys do game audio and need to hear playback from your games. PLEASE HELP..

much thanks
Old 02-05-2006, 08:07 AM

Default Re: no game audio?

Look for Rail MME Helper. If you can't find it, can make sure you get a copy. This will let you designate which programs will play back tru your Digi hardware.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:17 PM

like i had already said...i had already downloaded the mme helper.....it works fine for media player applications....no games........any suggestions?
Old 02-05-2006, 12:46 PM

I have had the same problem, mix. It used to work for me in version 6.1, but version 7 of PT is a no go thus far. I have tried with Battlefield 2 and it just won't recognize my MBox2 regarless of using MME helper and/or setting windows default audio card to the Digi. If I get it to work eventually, I will surely let you know how though.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:39 PM

for some reason my old audio card wont even work now....and when i try and fix the settings for it....pro tools ends up getting corrupted...so if any one has any ideas how to fix my problem that would be great. I have a sound blaster audigy platinum as my old sound card....nothin compared to 002...I love posting game audio so it would kind of be a shame to not be able to play games
Old 02-06-2006, 06:12 AM

I have my computer's audio output going into my alternate source on the 002r and just push the button when I wanna switch back and forth.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:03 AM

is your computers audio output an onboard motherboard sound card ?...or a pci card?....I FEEL SO STUCK...