Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2012, 02:15 PM

Default Quicktime movie won't import into Pro Tools 8

Hey everyone,

I am primarily a sound engineer and I use pro tools. A few months ago I began training in video editing, and i am looking for a product to buy for my home pc. I am now evaluating the trial version of Avid Studio, and have edited a 36 min video. I exported it to a .mov quicktime file so that i can import it into pro tools and do some audio post-production. However, pro tools does not import the file. When i select it and click open, nothing happens. My pro tools does however import other quicktime files not created by avid studio.

I though pro tools could import all quicktime files, and since avid studio and pro tools are both Avid products, you would think they would be compatible??

Is there something i can do, either to pro-tools or studio or to the quicktime file (changing setting, or making conversion) that can make it possible to import the file into pro tools? I am hoping to do work on it and bounce it to a new quicktime file.

I would really appreciate your help especially since i only have less than a month to evaluate avid studio.
If anyone has any question they would like to ask about video editing or audio i would be happy to help aswell.