How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2011, 10:37 AM
Space Cabin Audio

Default Re: Random Error, missing iLok authorization for "Pro Tools 9"

Out of curiosity, have you manually changed the time/date from inside windows?

Kris
May the music move you
Old 03-02-2011, 01:07 PM

Kris: As in changed the windows time/date settings for the OS? No I haven't. I'm running a clean install. Windows correctly pulled time/date on install. It's possible I had to set pacific time zone during the set up phase, but even so that's 100% standard for a new install. I haven't touched it since then. To my knowledge, there's no way to change time/date settings on the iLok or on iLok.com... am I missing something?

As an additional piece of info: once do the 'fast-connect' trick with the ilok, as long as I don't reboot my computer, I can quit and re-launch Pro Tools without issue. Once running PT is up, no issues so far. I've only tried a few UAD plugs on a small session, but I'll put it through the paces tonight.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:07 PM

Ktuulu, Have you found any resolution to this? I am having the EXACT same problem. Your partial workaround work if I get the timing right.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:06 PM

Default Re: Partial Solution: Error missing iLok authorization for "Pro Tools 9"

i have the exact problem. the new ilok on a 64 bit win 7 and pt9. i bought and installed pt9 today and it worked great untill i went to get lunch... havent got back up since.. I know izotope ozone4 with 64 bit hosts was having a problem too. and yet to be fixed as well... protools.. this is the third YES THIRD ATTEMPT AND THE THIRD VERSION OF PROTOOLS (7MPOWERED, 8LE, PT9) THAT I OWN AND HAVE YET TO GET A LEVEL OR MIC CHECK. HELL I'D BE HAPPY IF I COULD OPEN THE PROGRAM!! It's a shame when I HAVE to use Sonar X1 with my adiv mbox 3 pro and projectmix i/o because protools cant!! that's just wrong on so many levels heh
Old 05-11-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesackic View Post
[B]
One other thing to try is to go to the bottom right of your screen and click on your Win locker button. Click the Ilok icon and click "safely remove hardware". The unplug the Ilok device. and Re insert and launch PT. This will get windows to re reconize the device. If that fails try it again but reboot your computer before you launch PT again.
Sorry about resurrecting an old thread, but this worked for me. I was having exactly the same error as the OP. Nothing mentioned above worked, restarting, reinstalling ilok drivers and ilok client, fixing pro tools 9.0.2 installation, changing USB ports, nothing. You'd have thought the system refreshed the ilok on restart but it appears even shut down my PC is sending power to USB devices (Axiom and ilok remain lit). So thanks, that was of much help!
Quad core i7 930 OC @ 3.8Ghz - Asus P6T x58 mobo
12Gb Corsair 1400mhz RAM - HD7950 3GB GPU
700w PSU - Antec Solo case
3x 1TB Samsung Spinrite HDD
2x 22" monitors + 24" 120Hz monitor
Interfaces:
M-Audio Profire 2626/Behringer ADA-8000 & M-Audio Studiophile BX8s
MIDI/Control
M-Audio Axiom 61 2nd Gen, Nocturn, Launchpad Behringer FCB1010 & Alesis DM10 Studio with mesh heads
Old 05-11-2011, 11:47 AM

There was an older thread regarding this and I gave my work around which doesn't require you to reboot your deskop. It involves enabling your network adaptor before launching protools 9.02 when using ilok2. I couldn't take it anymore so I'm back to using ilok1.

http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=1788443&postcount=45

To the OP, or anyone else having this issue, can you try my workaround and see if that helps?

DTS/AVID techs, any thoughts on this?
1GB Samsung 840 EVO Sample Library HD|
PTHD 10.3.6 & 11.1.3|HD Native Core|Lynx Aurora 16 HD|Dangerous Monitor ST|
UAD2 Octo Core Card
Old 05-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboriginal View Post
There was an older thread regarding this and I gave my work around which doesn't require you to reboot your deskop. It involves disabling your network adaptor before launching protools 9.02 when using ilok2. I couldn't take it anymore so I'm back to using ilok1.

http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=1788443&postcount=45

To the OP, or anyone else having this issue, can you try my workaround and see if that helps?

DTS/AVID techs, any thoughts on this?
That's interesting - I can't say I would know what the connection between that would be, but I'll try to find out.

In the meantime, if anyone else can answer these questions:

If you disable your network (ethernet/airport/etc) before launching Pro Tools - does it recognize the auth on iLok2?

Second - can you tell me exactly what type of auth is on the iLok? Is it a Pro Tools 9 auth (straight, no bundle) or a bundled HD or other auth that includes Pro Tools 9, Pro Tools 8 and Pro Tools HD 9?
Old 05-20-2011, 12:05 PM

Network card disable is all that works for me also.

W7 64 bit, 8gig mem,Intel i7 870, Gigabyte MB, PT9 upgrade from PT8 M-powered, iLok 2, Sonnox Elite, Waves Silver, Flux:, Omnisphere 1.5, Kontakt 4, BFD2, Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56...
Old 05-20-2011, 02:03 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by useyourwood View Post
Network card disable is all that works for me also.

W7 64 bit, 8gig mem,Intel i7 870, Gigabyte MB, PT9 upgrade from PT8 M-powered, iLok 2, Sonnox Elite, Waves Silver, Flux:, Omnisphere 1.5, Kontakt 4, BFD2, Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56...
Can you tell me exactly what type of auth for Pro Tools you have on your iLok2?
Old 05-21-2011, 08:38 AM

Avid Pro Tools 9 Upgrade from MP $349.00