Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 11:26 PM

Default Re: The Tea Room..

Congratulations on the ol' bones filosofem! (I'm talking like an ol' cracker now after listening to Charlies Georgia-something song )

I went out to grab me a new bass yesterday but the store didn't have any of the types that I wanted (Jazz bass). I'm also able to get a good deal on a couple of microphones... I'm looking to get a new one, oldie sounding rock & roll thing for my next project. Looking at the Röde K2, a Blue Baby Bottle and a couple of Violet Designs Blue-rip-offs. Anyone have any experience with those? Finally I'm looking at either a new interface or a nice toob pre... not sure which yet.

Yes, I got money from a good gig
Old 11-06-2007, 12:42 AM

Bloody good! So much for being a poor student.

filosofem
Old 11-06-2007, 03:16 AM

Aaron, thanks man, drums lost, synths brought up to bring out the mod a bit more, tune kinda slows its self down pretty gradually without the drums, and I agree on vox (will probably redo over time or was thinking of bringing in a singer on the project). Let me know what you guys think of the new mix though. http://gallery.charlienaebeck.com, "Charlie Naebeck Random New Music", November. Thanks

Stiff: congrats on the gig my friend. That must have been a sweet score eh? If you get hold of the blue baby bottle mic, its a pretty sweet mic man. Can't say I've used the others extensively. Thanks for giving the tune a listen as well. Check out the new mix and see if it adds better vibe. for "Georgia feel" you think its got some sothern twang?
Old 11-06-2007, 05:08 AM

Nice one boys..
Seems like we all have our plates full and it's music related !
Charlie, will check the tune out later today..gotta run revisions on a couple of masters and
deliver it to the barn ASAP.
While you guys scored pianos and basses, I've got myself the DA box to complete my high end conversion chain. (check the "latest gear" thread below for pix)
And...I've finally convinced my band partner to buy a decent acoustic gtr. He's left handed, so it's somewhat more difficult to pick one that fits the sound/value/condition criteria.
He bought a Martin D-28 in beautiful condition..
I'll post some sounds when we record him next time.
Have a few days off coming ..refused to take more bookings on my BDay..

Oh..one last thing..I've told you about all the periodical Guinness promotions, where they include a pub glass, a toque, or coasters in the 8 pint gift boxes..
Guess what's in it this time ???
A little "Baileys" cup warmer..that plugs into a USB port ! Has like a 3" cord and..it's also a 4 port HUB
Nothing like being imprisoned in da office cubicle and sipping warm booze mixes... he he
CHEERS then,
fernando

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 11-06-2007, 10:33 AM

Happy Birthday Andrew!!!! thats awesome about the baileys warmer btw! p.s. saw some very cool Guiness bar lights the other day when we were in a store. I am sure you probably have some in your collection though..
Old 11-06-2007, 10:44 PM

Yeah, that's better space and atmosphere, Charlie. Though it sounds like the second verse could almost be driven with a little drums.

Ummm... by 'modulate' I didn't mean the synths 'modulation' Charlie moreover the synth cycles over the same x amount of notes and that maybe some sort of basic 16 bar broken chord progression would be better served. I also hear a soft synth pad accompaniment, though I think the piece is overall emotional and not sad, melancholic, so subtle arrangement might be the key.

filosofem
Old 11-07-2007, 02:27 AM

Congratulations Andrew!

Quote:
Bloody good! So much for being a poor student.
Well, not THAT good... I mean, there's still rents to pay and all that at the end of the month

Happy days for all of us then, buying new gear is among the better things in life!

Btw filosofem, I tried changing the structure (no pun) of the Kontakt files. Structure still didn't see any samples in the patches. Very odd.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Yeah, that's better space and atmosphere, Charlie. Though it sounds like the second verse could almost be driven with a little drums.

Ummm... by 'modulate' I didn't mean the synths 'modulation' Charlie moreover the synth cycles over the same x amount of notes and that maybe some sort of basic 16 bar broken chord progression would be better served. I also hear a soft synth pad accompaniment, though I think the piece is overall emotional and not sad, melancholic, so subtle arrangement might be the key.

filosofem

Thanks Aaron, yep might have to be real drums on the second part too when it goes into the driven strum progression on the acoustic.

as far as synths, care to take a crack at them? I am releasing the record open source basically more for fun than anything else. I'd love to have some additional players sit in if you're up for it? let me know and I can package the files and send via FTP.

Kenny, if you are out there, you wanna try some bass on this one too perhaps?

Andrew: drums if you have time?

do we have another collaboration piece by chance? I could drop Jared a line about vox possibly and see if he's busy. Hmm... let me know what you guys think. peace
Old 11-09-2007, 10:30 AM

Quote:

And...I've finally convinced my band partner to buy a decent acoustic gtr. He's left handed, so it's somewhat more difficult to pick one that fits the sound/value/condition criteria.
He bought a Martin D-28 in beautiful condition..
I'll post some sounds when we record him next time.
Have a few days off coming ..refused to take more bookings on my BDay..

CHEERS then,
fernando
Andrew: you having/have a good bday my friend? any photos of that d28 by chance as well? us gitar pickers would love a gander o' da sweet axe..
Old 11-09-2007, 01:10 PM

Ohhh... I had a funny feeling you're going to say that.

Okay, send me the Session files consolidated back to 0:00.000 and a score with lyrics, even if it's hand written.

Tempo: Crotchet Equals, Time Signature, Key Signature, Accidentals, Melody Phrasing, Dynamics, etc., etc.

filosofem