Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2007, 07:39 PM

Default Re: The Tea Room..

Thanks yo, good to be back in action. believe it or not I have ballsy ripping guitars on da site for download as we speak for da Punk Thang. Check your e-mail for instructions on how to obtain. for some reason the return from partial vaca inspired me.

now that you mention that detail about the Millenia though dude, you do have me drooling. what does the Focusrite pack include? I am assuming without looking it up that its hardware/plug combo pre's?

anywho.. gotta catch zzz's.. going to driving range in da morning to play the role of more vaca.. later
Old 04-30-2007, 02:04 AM

Quote:
so you're starting a new semester of school if I interpreted that right? what you going to school for with your major?
No, no, I'm bound to the terms of a school year. Because the piano teacher teaches mainly students, she uses the school term (semester - although, there are four terms per year - 10 week blocks, not two - six month semesters) as a guide. So when she's on holidays, I'm on holidays ...well sort of. Well, lets say, not as full on.
Quote:
got any demo's of da soundscapes?
I'll have to have a dig around.

...and welcome back ...you can have your seat back now.

filo
Old 04-30-2007, 02:29 PM

Quote:
believe it or not I have ballsy ripping guitars on da site for download as we speak for da Punk Thang.
Got it..
Now, what is different from the first set of tracks ???
We'd still need some soloing or alternate parts for the second half !!
Once the vocals are out, there is nothing happening..
Lets do full song here guys ...

what does the Focusrite pack include? I am assuming without looking it up that its hardware/plug combo pre's?
Just check their site..there are two different models, the 220 and the 430. Features, quality and not surprisingly the price varies..
But no "plug" like stuff there All hardware.

Hope all is well on yo end,
nigel,

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 04-30-2007, 02:34 PM

Quote:
I'll have to have a dig around.
We're all ears...
Is the grass greener over there ?
What sort of live music scene does your area have?

a

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 04-30-2007, 07:32 PM

hey andrew just dropping in for that 'spot of tea'. how's things in the recording world? got to say i love your 'time rules...' proverb. Brilliant. Not only should that be in the foreword of every audio text book in the world but also in every fortune cookie
Just saw herbie hancock last night and twas awesome. great sound. wish i had been able to capture on tape as well as in the mind. now the question; do you stop surfing and continue learning pro tools or do you stop surfing and start practicing ya instrument. The first part of the question is easy the second part
Do you play as well as record? i noticed there seems to be some music students in the forum as well.
better do one or the other
Old 04-30-2007, 09:43 PM

Quote:
We're all ears
Exactly what I'm worried about.

I'll post three of varying styles, their unmixed (can't mix anyway ) but their sort of set and forget ...very raw, but I think you'll get the picture.
Quote:
Is the grass greener over there ?
Dog, it's dope!
Quote:
What sort of live music scene does your area have?
We've already had that conversation, why, thinking about coming over?

filo
Old 05-01-2007, 07:02 AM

A: well, actually there were some timing issues and some "brightness" issues on the first ones so I gave the new ones more of a grungy/rock tone and laid it out right. as for alternate parts, funny you mention that caus I have a good friend coming over with a nice les paul and some really kickin sounds that might be able to help diversify it a wee bit towards that no vox point. I've never been much for the creative aspect on solo's myself so we'll see where it goes. Danji was going to lay down some rhodes on this one yet too remember so it might fill it out a bit more. I got a brief note from him the other day saying that he remembered but is still pretty slammed at the moment.

Aaron: Thanks for the seat back man. yeah, 3 diff. styles would be awesome to hear man! thats cool about the season for Piano school. Believe it or not, I have a relative that is passing down a family heir loom to me which happens to be a very nice Grinnell Bros. piano. I am waiting to move it til Aug. when we move into our house though caus there is no way I am moving that thing twice... I'd have to work on my chops a bit when I get it though caus I play mainly by ear and not much sheet music at all..
Old 05-01-2007, 08:27 AM

Hey ADAP,
"Time Rulez" is my lifeline. Is that subconscious floating energy that hooks the listener.
Thanx for noticing..
Yeah..Herbie H. must have been a blast. True artist.
As to your question..do keep surfing, but allocate all spare time to whichever gives you more satisfaction and possibly dough..PT or your instrument
Simple...ehh ?
Quote:
Do you play as well as record?
Well..Used to be a pro drummer in my younger years..
Recording evolved from there..and took over. Only the occasional gigs (must be well paid!) or some studio work these days.
Now we have two surfers here ??
Do I smell salt water? You guys doing it just to pick up chicks ?

happy tooling,
andrew

2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 05-01-2007, 08:35 AM

Quote:
We've already had that conversation, why, thinking about coming over?
Thinking about a lot of things..none of them would include surfing though.
And I don't recall that conversation.. no surprise, I forget all kind of things lately.
I was really interested if you had a live recording of an actual local band in a club, or preferably jamming or rehearsing somewhere.
Don't ask why..the explanation would make this an unacceptably long post

pierre,

2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 05-01-2007, 08:53 AM

OK..so just purge the older tracks, and use these two ?
WE need the entire second half !! So, any other players, singers, screaming skinheads or what ?
Half way in it sounds like the vox dude got drunk and fell off stage...but the three piece band just carries on, and on..and on....
No real hurry, but if this one gets delayed for too long, I might just turn the end into a loud, crashing and bashing bar-fight scene..for a change
Any sound designers would be welcome to contribute..That guy from the "posh bit" comes to mind
It's your chance to be our collab partner yo

later,
nigel

2.0 and 5.1 monitoring