Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2008, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Problems Installing Pro tools 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robes View Post
I'm getting very frustrated trying to install PT8 on my PC. I keep getting the following error when installing:

"Pro Tools Creative Collection returned an error

Error: -2147213312"
This error will occur if the installation files were not extracted properly. After downloading the PT8 software, use WinZip to extract the files (I've seen older versions of WinRAR cause issues). There should be subfolders for the Creative Collection (Boom, MiniGrand, etc...). Note: If there are no subfolders, these files did not extract correctly, and this error will occur.

Another tip: If the files DO extract properly, burn these files directly to a DVD and install from there. This will ensure that your PT8 Installer files remain intact and correctly stuctured.

Good luck, and welcome to the DUC!
www.voodoopilot.com
Old 04-28-2009, 01:54 AM

I get the error and I have the LE 8 full version on disk. It is really getting aggitating that it's not working especially since this was one of the reasons that I went with Pro Tools. And Digi has no info what so ever for this problem. Two big thumbs up for nothing Digi.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:11 PM

Hopefully this info can save someone a TON of time.

SOLUTION !
MANY of the v8 install DVD's have a corrupted Windows installer. Mac install works fine. If your v8 windows install hangs and give an error, follow the directions below.

recap of problem:
PT v8 hangs during install on windows XP. Returns an error: -2147213312 or a "cyclic redundancy error".
During several attempts to install PT v8, one of these errors would show up causing install to hang at some point. Error occurs during either driver install, documentation install or during the Creative Collection install.

Known solutions:
Sweetwater.com's tech support answer base indicates known issues with Kensington track ball and mouse drivers. http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/...ord=2147213312

GregJ on this forum found an old link to directions to uncheck everything but the application on install and then install all other plug-ins items on a separate install. http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...&categoryid=34

Digidesign also indicates there is a known issue with ProTools v8 and Explorer v8.

I don't have Explorer 8 or Kensignton drivers on my XP machine.
I followed the directions GregJ provided (which focuses a lot at first on making sure all instances of ProTools v7 and v8 have been uninstalled) I was able to successfully install ProTools v8. VERY exciting. I then circled back and installed the plug-ins as directed and NO GO. Got the redundancy error this time.

Called Digi:
I finally called Digi tech support and explained all I knew and had done. The technician confirmed the Mac installer works fine but said there is an issue with the Windows installer on the install DVD. He said he would email me a link to download the Windows installer which would solve the problem and mail out a new installer DVD.

The link he emailed was for a download of Digidelivery which I had download and install. The email also included a very long link for Digidelivery. There were no instructions how to use Digidelivery in the email, but I was able to figure out that you click on "File" menu in "DigiDelivery" and select "Open Access URL". Copy the long link from the email from Digi and paste it into the new URL dialog window that opens in Digidelivery from the "Open Access URL" menu item under "file". whew!

As soon as I pasted it in, I was able to click on a button in the same window to start the download. It is almost a 4.5 GB download and took almost 2 hrs. When it completed downloading I launched the .exe installer in the download. SUCCESS !!
The download didn't include any of the "factory" plugs or the "3rd party extras" so I loaded those off the DVD install disk by clicking on the "explore" link on the install DVD to find them. Everything works fine! Hope this information saves you the two days it took me to figure it all out.

Alexander Jenkins