Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 12-19-2001, 12:58 AM

Default HUGE PROBLEM!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Sorry for the dramatic headline, but we are having huge Mezzo problems. We have a tape which contains almost an entire album. The tape worked one minute, and now Mezzo wont recognize the overview. Is there anywhere I can send this tape to retrieve the information? Doen anyone have any other suggestions? As usual, Mezzo tech support is nowhere to be found.

Thanks,
Scott
Old 12-19-2001, 10:36 AM

Default Re: HUGE PROBLEM!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Diskwarrior has helped me out in the past. Good Luck.
Old 12-20-2001, 09:20 PM

Hey Scott - don't know if this'll help, but here's a few thoughts. First off, is it the drive or the tape?! To answer, try another (non-crucial or duplicated) DDS tape in the drive to see if it recognizes that tape. If so, it points to your other tape (or related overview document) as being the problem; if not, it points to the drive.

1) run a cleaning DDS tape in the drive (cycles through automatically - I always restart after cleaning in case the mechanism is "confused" by this… probably not mandatory). 2) In case it's a corrupted Overview document: go to your System Folder > Preferences > Mezzo Technology folder and remove the Overview Library folder & the Mezzo Application State document. Put them somewhere retrievable & restart. This will force Mezzo to generate a new set of pref's upon next launch, plus will eliminate loading a potentially corrupted overview document. When you put the tape in, Mezzo will diplay a message something like "Loading volume info"… be patient, it takes a long time, but what Mezzo's doing is creating a new overview/pref for that tape, based on the catalog info present on the tape.

Also, if you've upgraded your Mezzo app since the tape was last read, Mezzo may need to create new overviews… I remember something like that happening when I went from v3.x? to 3.8… a few heart-stopping moments until I figured out that I had to trash the prefs from previous version so it could create new ones.

Sorry for being long-winded… good luck…

Warmest Regards,
Brian
Old 12-21-2001, 12:45 AM

Mixroots,
Can't you read? He said tape! Diskwarrior is for disks. DUH.