Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 12-27-2012, 02:23 PM

Default A question on the price of AAX plug ins when PT11 comes out

Hey guys I have a question about Pro Tools plug ins when it transitions to AAX.

I currently have Pro Tools 10, standard edition. No HD, I don't need it for my stuff.

Anyway, I am wondering what the price of plug ins will be when Pro Tools is changed to AAX. For example, the RTAS version of Waves Vocal rider is 79.99, while the TDM version from the same store is 600 dollars. Now that is a pretty steep price difference. My question though is this, are Pro Tools AAX plug ins going to around the price of regular RTAS plug ins when they come out, or will they be priced higher like HD, or TDM plug ins when they come out? I'm not a huge studio or anything, so I wouldn't really have the money to pay for plug ins that were all priced as if I owned Pro Tools HD. I'm just wondering what kind of prices we are talking about for AAX plug ins.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:03 PM

Default Re: A question on the price of AAX plug ins when PT11 comes out

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockguitarist1255 View Post
Hey guys I have a question about Pro Tools plug ins when it transitions to AAX.

I currently have Pro Tools 10, standard edition. No HD, I don't need it for my stuff.

Anyway, I am wondering what the price of plug ins will be when Pro Tools is changed to AAX. For example, the RTAS version of Waves Vocal rider is 79.99, while the TDM version from the same store is 600 dollars. Now that is a pretty steep price difference. My question though is this, are Pro Tools AAX plug ins going to around the price of regular RTAS plug ins when they come out, or will they be priced higher like HD, or TDM plug ins when they come out? I'm not a huge studio or anything, so I wouldn't really have the money to pay for plug ins that were all priced as if I owned Pro Tools HD. I'm just wondering what kind of prices we are talking about for AAX plug ins.
Hi,

I would expect AAX native to be similar price as RTAS
I would expect AAX DSP to be similar to TDM

generally TDM was about double the price of RTAS

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:22 PM

Default Re: A question on the price of AAX plug ins when PT11 comes out

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
Hi,

I would expect AAX native to be similar price as RTAS
I would expect AAX DSP to be similar to TDM

generally TDM was about double the price of RTAS

Chris
Oh okay. Lol I completely forgot that AAX will be both Native and DSP just like Pro Tools is now. Ok yeah that makes sense though if the prices will be like RTAS since I will have just the non TDM version of PT11 when it comes out.