Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 08-18-2019, 10:53 AM

Default Import Session Data

I need to import 20 tracks into another session. I have imported 19 of them but I can't get the last one to import. I have compared dialog boxes and I find only one difference. With the other imports the dialog box for source properties lists the start time as 00.59.58.00. With the start time of the track I can't seem to import, the start time is listed as 16.25.00.00. After "importing" I go to 16.25.00.00 and nothing is there. When I delete this track a warning comes up that there are active clips. I can't see or hear any active clips. What should I do to correct this situation?
Old 08-18-2019, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Import Session Data

Do you see the clip in your clip list (or at least one clip from that track). Turn on "link timeline edit selection", click on the clip in the clip list, and see if your locators move to that point (zoom all the way out on your edit screen first so all the time line is showing)

The other question is it possibly on an alternate playlist for that track? You would get that warning (trying to delete a track with something on it) if that was so.
Old 08-18-2019, 11:19 AM

When I import the seleted track, a new track is opened up but there is nothing on the track. It is not mentioned in the clip list either. You mention an alternative play list and the message I am getting. I do not know what that is.
Old 08-18-2019, 03:33 PM

A track can represent multiple tracks (playlists) stacked on top of each other. Only one is "active" (makes sound) at a time.

On the track imported, do you see the little down arrow next to the track name? Is it blue (that indicates there are other playlists)?

For the clip list, do you know the name of an audio clip found on that imported track? Can you find that clip name in the clip list?
Old 08-18-2019, 03:57 PM

I completed a Pro Tools certification class about six months ago. That means I know enough to get into trouble. So let me explain what I have done. I have written a musical. I arranged all the tracks and completed the arrangements. Then I wanted to make sure they were at about the same loudness level. I imported all the print tracks into a new file and used plugins on each track to get them to the same loudness. I did this successfully and then uploaded them to CD Baby. That's Part I. Now I am volunteering to sing some of the songs at various meetings. I need to do the same thing with the tracks as before but without vocals -- so I have a music arrangement to sing to. For some reason, I cannot import the print track for one particular song. It worked when I did the first run through with vocals. Now I can't import the print track that has vocals or the one that does not. Since these are print tracks, there is no drop down menu. The previous import of the song (from about a month ago) appears in the clip list. Nothing appears in the clip list when I have tried to do this today with the original print with vocal or the new print with no vocal. Thank you for helping me try to figure out what is going on.