Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2000, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Mismatched grouped regions

Yes, the same happened to me...
I could not really understand how but the regions name didn't match.
Maybe I disabled some groups for some reason and made some separate editing but I really don't remember..
Old 08-04-2000, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Mismatched grouped regions

Probably nothing, but could it be you edited some regions with groups disabled and then re-enabling them again ? Dunno....seen it happen too: Digi ?

------------------
Arno Peeters
www.tapetv.nl
Old 08-05-2000, 12:51 AM

Default Mismatched grouped regions

Here is an odd bug(?) that crops up every so often, and I would love to know the reason why. When putting together a temp film score, I create a sessions with 4 stereo pairs (tracks 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8). Projects often require heavy editng, utilizing lots of regions that get moved up & down, back & forth.

Over the course of time some (only a few) grouped regions of a stereo pair mysteriously end up with mismatched numbers. For example, let's say cue #2 from "The Fugitive" is used in a Protools session. I will identify it as Fugitive2-L and Fugitive2-R on grouped tracks. Protools numbers the regions as they are created (eg. Fugitive2-L-23 with Fugitive2-R-23).

Occasionally I will find regions grouped with mismatched numbers (eg. Fugitive2-L-23 with Fugitive2-R-24. It gets to be really confusing when the regions list shows TWO different regions both labled as Fugitive2-R-24.

No harm occurs if I ignore the mismatch. However, deleting the wrong region from the session can be a very bad thing.

So how does this happen? Tech support once hinted that it was due to operator error. I hate to sound defensive, but FAT CHANCE. Anyone out there ever run into this phenomenon?

Mark Green