Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 08-17-2006, 07:20 AM

Default Transferring sessions from Mac to PC

Hey all!

So i'm a huuuuge apple fan... I love the OS, the organization, the not having to re-install windows every 2 - 4 weeks... its great. BUT IT'S TO EXPENSIVE!

So after a lot of soul searching, and price shopping, i'm moving back to the world of viruses for my studio (j/k)

I'm wondering if anyone has a sure fire easy way to transfer pro tools session from a Mac to a PC? All of the sessions were saved with pc->mac compatability... probably cause i knew this day would come Anyway, if someone has done this and has some advice, i'd really appreciate it. Thanks!!

Mark
Old 08-17-2006, 08:31 AM

Default Re: Transferring sessions from Mac to PC

Ssaidvox1,
I used to have a friend named Mark as well. He was a Mac fanatic. Now we are just maintaining a business only relationship..

Seriously though..
Current versions of PT are seamlessly transportable between the two platforms. You'll just have to decide on the medium type. DVD-R is OK. I use a MAC OSX formatted FW drive and have Macdrive application installed on the PC end.
Of course plug-ins, track counts will need to be addressed if they are two differing PT versions.

happy tooling...

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring