Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 10:42 PM

Default Waves iLok question: Do I need another one?

I recently broke down and took advantage of the 50% off sale on the V-Series bundle and I presently have two iLoks, one primary with my PT license along with the bulk of my plug-ins and a second iLok just with the license for my Waves Platinum bundle. I'm undecided as to whether I should put the V-Series license on my present Waves iLok or if I should get a third dedicated iLok for it. If I ever wanted to sell either of the two Waves bundles, I'd be better off with a third iLok, right? Someone here recently said they heard Waves was going to change their iLok policy to allow license transfers, but I certainly don't want to bank on that.

Thanks.
Mac Pro 2019 16-core, 96GB RAM, OS 10.15.2
Old 08-03-2007, 06:46 AM

Default Re: Waves iLok question: Do I need another one?

Quote:
I'd be better off with a third iLok, right?
Thanks.
I think so. I stuck my Platinum and SSL bundles on one & regret it because I'd like to sell them individually and the whole bogus iLok transfer issue is getting me.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:08 AM

If what I read elsewhere is correct, I think you can still sell them individually but that would involve sending your ilok to Waves. For example if you were selling your SSL bundle, Waves would destroy your current ilok, issue the SSL license to the buyer as long as your WUP is current and after the buyer has paid the $150 transfer fee. They would also re-issue the Platinum license to you and you would need another ilok for that. AFAIK, once a Waves license is on an ilok, it always is.

If anyone knows this to be incorrect please let me know, but I think I just convinced myself to get another ilok
Mac Pro 2019 16-core, 96GB RAM, OS 10.15.2
Old 08-03-2007, 03:39 PM

I had Waves IR-1 and Waves Gold on my ilok . When I upgraded to the Mercury bundle. Waves released the serial number for the IR-1 so I could sell it to someone and the buyer could authorize it to their account. No need for me to send Waves my ilok. But that was because the IR-1 was included in the Mercury bundle. But in all other cases, selling separate Waves products requires sending them the ilok.