Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 05-18-2004, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Mojo? What ever happened to Ptools+Mojo?

Okay,
Back to the original question:

Is Mojo ever going to be compatible with TDM systems?

As of last fall, this was still supposed to be an option.

I stumbled across a little quote from a report from AES last october:

"Pro Tools LE customers who have the DV Toolkit option and Pro Tools TDM customers will soon be able to add the new Avid Mojo video I/O peripheral to Mbox, Digi 002, Digi 002 Rack, Pro Tools|24 MIX, and Pro Tools|HD systems. The Avid Mojo accelerator delivers cost-effective, integrated Avid video playback — turning Pro Tools into the perfect audio companion for Avid Xpress Pro projects using 1:1 uncompressed 601 or DV25. It can also play several JFIF resolutions from Media Composer systems, including 15:1s, 14:1p (24p), 35:1, and more. Pro Tools support for Avid Mojo is currently scheduled for Q2, 2004."

Any updates would be helpful.

Thanks.

Rick
Old 05-20-2004, 12:12 PM

I talked to one of the digi people at the AES in berlin. He told me that Mojo is still in the pipeline and will be released "later this year". You can ask you oracle what that means...

frank.
Old 05-20-2004, 12:15 PM

BTW:

the guys also mentioned a new product that will be able to do an automatic re-cut of your session incl. AVoption picture from avid change lists. Sounds pretty cool. I forgot the working title of that feature. sounds like ChangenoteAssistant but also cuts your image.

frank.
Old 06-17-2004, 12:03 PM

Bump - Bump - Bump

Any news on a date when Mojo will work with PT?

We're dangerously close to the end of the mix to hd upgrade path deadline, and i'd love to have something i could switch over to.

Any info would be appreciated.

Rick
Old 06-22-2004, 10:02 PM

Hey Rick,
Here's what I'm doing: I'm doing the HD upgrade thing this week, but not installing it. Digi will let me keep my Mix hardware until at least 11/30/04 which is the AV Option exchange deadline (which may get pushed back). This keeps my current system with the AV Option alive and gives me until November to find out whether Mojo or the V10 is the way to go. I'll decide at that time, then install the new gear.

Brad