Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2013, 11:40 PM

Default Re: News...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingthor View Post
For just a 16 input system i don't find it that attractive as i hoped it to be.
I came to say this too. At $19,700 retail in Australia, this is nowhere near as competitive as I would hope.

I was also kind of hoping that there would be a new Profile V2 or similar released. I know a lot of venues who got one early on that are due for replacements, but can't go down the Avid route because of lack of a new desk.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristo Kotkas View Post
Sure, PT11HD allows 256 I/O but you need HDX cards and compatible interfaces. Since Accel era interfaces work, you have quite wide range of interfaces to choose from. I'm afraid without HDX cards you will still be limited to 32 I/O even with PT11HD software.
Yeah. I know and understand all this. It just stinks I have to use other software to record into and then later import the audio into pro tools. Is it that difficult? No. Would it kill avid to allow is to have 64 channels (or at least as many as the interface allows) of I/O with 3rd party interfaces? IMO no. When I had two MH boxes I actually had 36 channels, but couldn't use the last 4. :-/

The church has already invested a good amount in the iLive rig. And it's fantastic. But to have to spend thousands more (HD|N card + 4 HD I/O's + some sort of Dante to digital ,say aes/EBU converter box) just to track into pro tools and use unnecessary hardware and conversion is crazy IMO. I would just like to plug the cat5e cable out of the Dante card into my computer and record all 64-channels inside pro tools. Is that asking too much? I personally don't think so. Especially since it can be done with this.

That said, if I could swap out even for one of these, I would. It looks incredible and is in the ballpark of the iLive price wise. Oh well. It is what it is.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:34 AM

Can't find anywhere about sample rates. One of my complaints about Profile / Venue is lack of support for anything but 48k.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remotedude View Post
Can't find anywhere about sample rates. One of my complaints about Profile / Venue is lack of support for anything but 48k.
New desk is 48k too.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingthor View Post
jep so i thought also about the power supply, especially for the price of the console, you want redundancy, well at least i would.

but i guess this is how they could make it that small
Does it matter if your surface loses power? It's just a control surface. Audio is only being passed through the HDX box-that is what needs the redundant power.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrooms View Post
Does it matter if your surface loses power? It's just a control surface. Audio is only being passed through the HDX box-that is what needs the redundant power.
you're absolutely right
Old 05-30-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Unless you need to do a scene change or set up for the next band...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 06-03-2013, 05:46 AM

Quote:
It does if you are using the I/O that is built into the surface.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:06 AM

Guys, with all respect I would say this power discussion is stupid, it's obvious that loosing power to any of the components is very bad and it's sad to see Avid has chosen not to have redundant power supplies in new products. It started with stage rack to SC48. I'm hoping that redundant power supplies come back with new flagship devices. With my profile I see lots of power supply errors, but they are always because the power connector has a bad connection with the power cord, never had a supply failure, so in that light I'm hoping they will be using different mains connector, maybe the Neurik one or something similar that locks firmly into the socket.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:28 AM

Watching the video over the s3l from Full compass, looks like some differents in the software campared to 3.0 software running on the current desks

-4 band EQ and dynamics on every output (same as on the input)
-2 plugin slots per channel
- no dyn/ pre eq switch

I think onboard EQ and dynamics can be very useful feature