Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2002, 01:19 AM

Default MIDISPORT 2x2 Doesnt work. Does anyone else have it working ???

A long time ago I bought the 2x2 and it would work then conk out. Shelved it for months. Today I wanted to control my Emu Carnaval and my Emu Planet Earth. Installed the midisport with the latest drivers from the website for XP. I followed all the directions and installed it right. All the lights on the midisport light up and nothing works. the labels do appear on Logic and Protools but nothing. From what I know none of the lights are supposed to light up unless the channels are being used. Does anyone have it working correctly???
Old 08-18-2002, 03:44 AM

Default Re: MIDISPORT 2x2 Doesnt work. Does anyone else have it working ???

bump
Old 08-18-2002, 06:49 AM

hi, i have a midisport 8x8 and had the same problem some time ago.

i returned it to the store and they sent a new one. been working fine for long time now.
Old 08-18-2002, 09:57 AM

Hi,
I use the 2X2 every day. It' happily talks to a MIDI drum machine, but also receives MIDI for recording when I attach my drum pads.

The difference I see is I'm using Win ME.

Sounds like a by product of being on XP.

Mark
Old 08-18-2002, 11:08 AM

There was a bad batch of 2X2s call tech support, if it's in warrantee, and maybe if it isn't, they will send you a new one.
Old 08-18-2002, 11:05 PM

I don't have one anymore, but I used to, and it worked just fine.

I'd definitely look into what Okion said... even if it's out of warranty they may replace it anyway... especially if you describe symptoms that are similar to a "known" problem.

PT 2023.6 Ultimate (Perpetual) | Avid Carbon | M1 Max Mac Studio; 32 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.

PT 2023.6 Studio (Perpetual) | M1 MacBook Air; 16 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.
Old 08-19-2002, 08:42 AM

Hey el matador,

I have a Midisport 8x8/s and am also having trouble getting it to work. I bought it about 6 months ago, tried it with my 001 on Win 98SE without success and just recently re-formatted and installed XP and PT 5.3.1. I installed the new drivers for XP (from Midiman's web site) and am getting the "Pulsing" light indicating that the USB connection is working correctly. (It's also recognized in the Device Manager under "USB Controllers" and under the "Sound, Video & Game Controllers") I have 3 sound modules that are connected to the 8x8. (Midi OUT from the sound modules to Midi IN #1, #2,& #3 on the 8x8 and Midi OUT #1, #2, & #3 from the 8x8 to the Midi IN of the sound modules.) My controller keyboard (Midi OUT) is connected to Midi IN #7 on the 8x8 and the Midi OUT #7 of the 8x8 is connected to the Digi001 Midi IN. For the three Midi tracks selections, in the Mix window, I set the Inputs to "ALL" and the Outputs to the particular sound module that I want to use. (It displays the Midisport's outputs that I named in the "Setups I/O" to the individual sound modules. Ex. "Classic Keys", "Proteus I", and "Korg X5DR") I set each Midi track's Output to a different sound module and can hear all three different sound modules, BUT ONLY BRIEFLY!!! Something then causes the sound, (and maybe the data, I'm not sure) to disappear. I've tried Midiman's Tech Support, this DUC, and am getting many different recommendations. I've tried them all. Maybe we can work this out together. I'm in the thick of this battle and am probably right where you're at.

Midiman Tech Support told me:
"The easiest thing do would be to install the midisport and use it as an interface. Connect the ins and outs of each device to the opposite ins and outs of the midisport, then just choose your in and outs in your software. You don't even have to use the midi in on the digi".

Also:
"HI ted, What you are going to have to do is go to your device manager disable the midi divers for the digi001 and only use the usb 8x8 drivers. Because the digi001 midi drivers are conflicting with the usb 8x8 drivers. so you one or the other. If you need additional support contact digidesign. We have many users using the 8x8 and
pro tools le sucsefully."

And:
"The Midisport 8x8 is a fairly simple device. Your midi controller goes midi out to a midi in on the midisport and then you patch it to the
corresponding out for whatever device you wish to connect".

I don't know if this helps you or confuses you like it did to me. According to them, it is a simple thing, but I've had no luck so far. And I sure would like to talk to the "many users using the 8x8 and pro tools le sucsefully" to find out how they did it.

Keep me posted.
Ted