Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2014, 11:55 AM

Default Transport Jog/Shuttle wheel and Cubase

I just bought an Artist Transport and am just figuring out how it works.

My first question.... does the Jog/Shuttle wheel actually work properly with Cubase?

So far, I have been able to get absolutely no functionality with the shuttle wheel despite trying all sorts of things in the Eucontrol shuttle settings page. (e.g. EuCon commands, key commands etc).

The jog wheel does work, but I haven't found a way to adjust the jog speed. I can't see it being that useful as it only jogs quite slowly so in terms of navigating around the project at speed it'll just be easier to use the mouse.

Also, I can only get the jog wheel to work when I use one of the soft keys to select a function. e.g. jog/zoom etc. It seems that the wheel should have a default function without having to press any additional buttons. It certainly appears that way in the Eucon software but no matter what I try and program onto the Jog wheel settings page, it won't do anything.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:18 PM

Default Re: Transport Jog/Shuttle wheel and Cubase

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-S-Q View Post
I just bought an Artist Transport and am just figuring out how it works. My first question.... does the Jog/Shuttle wheel actually work properly with Cubase?

Yes... very well I might add!

You shouldn't have to make any adjustments in EuControl...

The jog wheel is very smooth with high resolution, and the shuttle ring should at least provide 4x speed!

Make sure you read the manual to learn which buttons provide which functions to the Jog/Shuttle controls!

Al
Old 07-18-2014, 04:35 PM

Default Re: Transport Jog/Shuttle wheel and Cubase

Thanks. I had read the manual, but misinterpreted it the first time round. Spent a bit of time and now I've figured it out. Shuttle wheel does indeed work nicely.

Ideally it would be good if the jog speed was dependant on zoom level. i.e. precision when zoomed in and super fast navigation when zoomed out but I haven't found a way to do this as yet. Is it possible?