Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2005, 07:56 PM

Default AUDIO WON\'T LOAD from Firewire Drives

I have a serious problem here that i've been experiencing for over a year now,I have 3 firewire drives and i usualy work between OSX with M Box, HD and TDM & 9.2 TDM systems.Going Back & forth between all formats with no issues until July last year one day.I started getting and error message saying " This Is not an Audio Playback Volume,and asked me whether it should copy all audio files to a suitable Playback Volume" it does'nt load any of the file sin My session,but then when i go to a TDM System or HD it loads and plays perfectly well, this error message only happens when i try to load up a session on my M Box system .If anybody caN ASSIST ME WITHT HIS I'D BE VERY VERY GRATEFULL TAHANK YOU.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:05 PM

Default Re: AUDIO WON\'T LOAD from Firewire Drives

You need to make sure that your Firewire drive is set as a Record volume in the workspace window. Under the Window menu, go to workspace, make sure there is an "R" under the "A" column. Right now there is likely a T or a P (Transfer and Playback)

This preference seems to get changed sometimes if you open Pro Tools without the drive mounted or if you use the drive on another machine, etc.