Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2001, 07:10 AM

Default automation (fades) ignored on 1 trk only

odd one. after completing a mix with a simple 16 track (8 pair session) and opening on another machine ONE of the audio tracks ignored automation. there were no inserts or sends associated. just a stereo track. when moving the work to another track automation resumed. is there an automation 'safe' mode i inadvertantly clicked?

(i JUST received my manual so i've been working on 5.1 for a month or so. and LOVING it)

thanks
scott
Old 05-17-2001, 07:37 AM

Default Re: automation (fades) ignored on 1 trk only

Look in the manual for "Enabling or Suspending Automation". You probably inadvertantly did a Command-Click when you looked at the disabled track's volume display. Happened to us a couple of weeks ago. Good luck.

------------------
Ninja Bob
Hothead
NYC

[This message has been edited by NinjaBob (edited May 17, 2001).]
Old 05-17-2001, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by NinjaBob:
Look in the manual for "Enabling or Suspending Automation". You probably inadvertantly did a Command-Click when you looked at the disabled track's volume display. Happened to us a couple of weeks ago. Good luck.

thanks bob,

that is what i had guessed. - but (not in front of PT) does anything gray out to indicate this state? when i toggled the tracks, examined the auto suspend, nothing looked out of the ordinary..... i WILL check the manual.

scott
Old 05-17-2001, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by smlworld:
thanks bob,

that is what i had guessed. - but (not in front of PT) does anything gray out to indicate this state? when i toggled the tracks, examined the auto suspend, nothing looked out of the ordinary..... i WILL check the manual.

scott

at work. page 382 of the manual. thank you bob. that's the ticket. i still don't believe there is an indicator that identifies this option as toggled. (other than a panic attack on the mix stage....)

cheers

scott
Old 05-18-2001, 09:13 AM

Scott, the only indication we noticed was that the view button(or pull down or whatever you call it) that is disabled was an off gray color, which you wouldn't notice unless you were looking at that view. And you're right, the Automation Enable Window does not give you any indication that anything is different. Glad to help.

------------------
Ninja Bob
Hothead
NYC
Old 05-18-2001, 10:36 AM

say, Digi, can we parlay this into a fix request?

NinjaBob, are you the Ninja Bob who used to work at Hollywood Recording? Because I'm the Tor who used to work at Newton Bard in Portland and ISDNed with you a lot back in '96 or so.
Old 05-18-2001, 01:07 PM

Tor! How are you man? Yeah, it's me, Ninja Bob who used to work at Hollywood Recording. Now I'm in New York as the tech guy at a studio that up until 6 months ago was called Clack,and is now called Hothead. You're not at Newton Bard anymore? Are you still in Portland?