Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 11-14-2017, 09:14 PM

Default Creating space/depth

Hello, I need help creating space/depth. I would like my rap vocals on the chorus section of the song to be darker/airy sounding. Would this be possible using the “D-Verb” plug-in? I have it set to large church dark because that’s closest to what I’m looking for, but I feel like it’s not distant enough. Maybe somebody can help guide me with how to do this because I’ve tried messing with the settings, but no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
Old 11-15-2017, 01:59 AM

Default Re: Creating space/depth

To have the finest control of reverb plugins, be sure to use them bussed from the vocal track sends to auxes with D-verb instantiated. This way you can dial in your church reverb and also see if you like a room reverb in parallel with the church. Additionally, reducing some high frequencies will give the illusion of distance, and you can experiment with filters in the vox track and in D-verb. The low pass filter in D-verb reduces high frequencies. The trade off is loosing clarity to the point that you can’t understand the lyrics. The Mod 3 delay with a ping pong setting can also help create a sense that you’re in a large space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 11-15-2017, 05:17 AM

Default Re: Creating space/depth

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardWilliam View Post
To have the finest control of reverb plugins, be sure to use them bussed from the vocal track sends to auxes with D-verb instantiated. This way you can dial in your church reverb and also see if you like a room reverb in parallel with the church. Additionally, reducing some high frequencies will give the illusion of distance, and you can experiment with filters in the vox track and in D-verb. The low pass filter in D-verb reduces high frequencies. The trade off is loosing clarity to the point that you can’t understand the lyrics. The Mod 3 delay with a ping pong setting can also help create a sense that you’re in a large space.
Thanks for the advice. I’ll be trying this later!