Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2020, 01:37 PM

Default Fbc 360?

This is aggravating. I uninstalled 2020.3, tried installing 2020.9 (Ultimate, Win 10 Pro) and when attempting to launch, it gets to FBC 360, creates an error log, and quits. So. Remove everything FB360 (manually, because the uninstaller doesn’t get all of them) try again, and it does the same thing on far too many plugins to mention that were working just fine on 2020.3.
Uninstall 2020.9, reinstall 2020.3. And it does the same thing...gets to FB360, quits. I don’t recall ever seeing or installing FB360 before....I uninstalled FB360 from 2020.3, and at least after 4 hours of frustration I’m back to where I started.
I haven’t seen a negative impact from NOT having FB360. What’s it supposed to do, anyway???
Old 10-28-2020, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Fbc 360?

Facebook 360 audio crapware. Just delete it.

... but it may not be that plugin having issues... it may be the next plugin Pro Tools is trying to load and has not written to the splash screen yet.

Did you start by trying to trash prefs? Anything interesting in the error log?
Old 10-28-2020, 02:47 PM

Uninstalled PT, HD driver, and all preferences, yes. I finally reverted back to 2020.3, and once again had to get rid of fb360, and at least I’m back to where I started 4 hours ago. Sorry, I didn’t get a chance to look at the error log. The very next plugin it quit on was Sound Replacer, which, again, was working just fine in 2020.3. It’s finally working again since I went back to 2020.3, but 2020.9 was a big time no go here.
Old 10-28-2020, 03:25 PM

Now that I'm sitting down at a computer I can give as longer reply.

I would check to see if what you are experiencing seems a repeat of bug #206888. https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...-ins-on-launch

If that is not it the other thing I would have tried was to just move all plugins out of the plugin folder and start putting the third party ones back that you really need, ideally using the latest/new download installers. If it's not the general 206888 type bug then it may be a specific plugin incompatibility ior corruption in preferences... and when trashing prefs make sure to get everything... not just the plugin database, it might be something else tripping stuff up, ideally use the Trasher utility to make it easier to do.

A few folks are running into similar issues, e.g. the thread has popped up again... http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=412271

Getting logs, and maybe getting it back to Avid might be great to get back to Avid.
Old 10-28-2020, 03:32 PM

BTW the log files I'm talking about at the Pro Tools standard log files, not a crash/core file. The log files are not overwritten so should all still be there: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Avid\Logs

What do ones show that are from crashes vs. ones where Pro Tools starts up?