Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 05-28-2013, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Interface for Big Band

If budget isn't an issue and you're getting line-outs off the FOH mixer, why not get a Rosetta 800. then you'll have some serious conversion at your disposal.

In all seriousness, the Ada8000 is a good unit. For a little more I like my presonus digimax fs.

And don't feel pushed into it. Enjoy it and have a good time. I've always enjoyed capturing live shows. Have fun. :)
Old 05-28-2013, 05:48 PM

I think ill be getting 2 presonus 1818vsl's.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:10 PM

How are you going to get the outputs of 2 1818's into your digi002? There is only 1 optical in on the 002. Or am I missing something about the 1818?

Digi 002 rack , Command 8, Behringer ADA 8000, Tascam M-320B Mixer, Alesis Monitor Two Speakers, Vintage and Modern Tube Amps, Fender American Strat, 1973 Gibson SB-450 Bass, Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro, Roland W-30 Keyboard, Preimier XPK Fusion Drum Kit.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelco83 View Post

Also price isn't really an issue, they'll buy whatever they need, so if that includes a completely different PT interface, that is in the cards as well.
Then look at a Berhinger X32... 32 ins/outs, Firewire directly to Pro Tools 32x32, Midas Pre amps... even 8 faders on the right side are used as HUI automation/motorized faders for mixing...

All for under 3k
Old 05-29-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjslakeridge View Post
How are you going to get the outputs of 2 1818's into your digi002? There is only 1 optical in on the 002. Or am I missing something about the 1818?
It was my understanding that I could just use one as the interface and the other linked up through adat.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonthurley View Post
Then look at a Berhinger X32... 32 ins/outs, Firewire directly to Pro Tools 32x32, Midas Pre amps... even 8 faders on the right side are used as HUI automation/motorized faders for mixing...

All for under 3k
That thing is a beast!!! I'll see if they'll go for that.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelco83 View Post
That thing is a beast!!! I'll see if they'll go for that.
For the cost and features its a no brainer.... Plus Berhinger not only bought out Midas (owns all their patents now) they also just opened their own production facility in China that was reviewed as "Apple quality parts"

So the old cheap fall apart Berhinger stuff is going to be much more dependable and have some pretty amazing tech.

This would also give you 32 inputs for a big band instead of being limited to 16 PLUS you can create mixes in the board for monitoring ... they also do make a monitoring system for it like the all well known Aviom personal mixing systems.

Another feature, say you dont want to bring all the gack PRo Tools requires, If you have a qualified USB thumb drive big enough to multitrack the live gig, you can just stick it in and multitrack without a DAW... then just plug the USB stick into your PT system and inport the tracks... whalah...
Old 05-29-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonthurley View Post
For the cost and features its a no brainer.... Plus Berhinger not only bought out Midas (owns all their patents now) they also just opened their own production facility in China that was reviewed as "Apple quality parts"

So the old cheap fall apart Berhinger stuff is going to be much more dependable and have some pretty amazing tech.

This would also give you 32 inputs for a big band instead of being limited to 16 PLUS you can create mixes in the board for monitoring ... they also do make a monitoring system for it like the all well known Aviom personal mixing systems.

Another feature, say you dont want to bring all the gack PRo Tools requires, If you have a qualified USB thumb drive big enough to multitrack the live gig, you can just stick it in and multitrack without a DAW... then just plug the USB stick into your PT system and inport the tracks... whalah...
That last feature did it for me. I feel like someone is holding a knife to me when recording, hoping that it wont crash. LOL This takes care of that one.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:58 PM

I personally would recommend doing both so the thunb drive is a backup recording. 2 is always better than one... :)