Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 07-10-2013, 10:21 AM

Default Re: Soundtoys AAX news...

Here we go straight from Soundtoys. I know what to do now.

"Here's the scoop from our end. We are doing AAX Native. We still do not know if we will do AAX DSP. We have to get done with native first and then evaluate the time and resources vs the power gains, if any, for our plug-ins on the DSP.

So the TDM bundle is dead like TDM. I'd say you go for the native bundle and then if we move to AAX DSP for HDX, then we will have an upgrade available. That way you're investment is safe and you can work now.

We would love to be on AAX DSP as we started at that level with DigiDesign as one of their original developers, but we simply can't afford yet another rewrite of our code for a completely exclusive platform that we already rewrote for once.
Mitch Thomas
SoundToys Sales & Marketing "
Old 07-10-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy_Boy View Post
Here we go straight from Soundtoys. I know what to do now.

"Here's the scoop from our end. We are doing AAX Native. We still do not know if we will do AAX DSP. We have to get done with native first and then evaluate the time and resources vs the power gains, if any, for our plug-ins on the DSP.

So the TDM bundle is dead like TDM. I'd say you go for the native bundle and then if we move to AAX DSP for HDX, then we will have an upgrade available. That way you're investment is safe and you can work now.

We would love to be on AAX DSP as we started at that level with DigiDesign as one of their original developers, but we simply can't afford yet another rewrite of our code for a completely exclusive platform that we already rewrote for once.
Mitch Thomas
SoundToys Sales & Marketing "
Doesn't take a psychic to see their not going to be doing aax dsp at all.

QAPLA!
Old 08-05-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy_Boy View Post
So here's the dilemma. I own a few TDM Soundtoys like Echoboy, Devil-Loc etc and to get AAX 64 bit i need to upgrade to the full suite. I'm OK with that except the price difference between upgrading as TDM vs native is huge. If they won't port to AAX-DSP, then I'm throwing out money to get the TDM version which i suspect will upgrade to the potential AAX-DSP version. But if I upgrade as native, and they release DSP, then I'm screwed again.

it would be nice if they announced something one way or the other.
I'm in the same boat. I'm itching to upgrade but not sure if I should upgrade to native now then DSP later (if that becomes a thing) or if it would make sense financially to jump to TDM now. I emailed them regarding this but haven't heard back yet.
Ross Martin Super Beast
Apple Mac Pro 8 Core 2.66Ghz 16GB RAM
OSX 10.14.6
http://www.keith-moore.org
Old 08-05-2013, 09:58 PM

I have TDM fx V3 and I hesitate to update to TDM V4, as I don't use TDM anymore. I think it's very unlikely, that we'll ever see AAX-DSP versions from WaveMecha... oops, SoundToys.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:42 AM

They've had their native plugs up in bundle form for awhile now, but still nothing for single plugs...

It's like they're trying to push you into buying everything. I'm a bit irked by that.

There's really no logic to allowing folks to have a bunch of something whilst the guys that only use one or two, (who would do a better job of finding faults due to a higher usage of the given plug), are left out.

Oh well. I'll just hang onto my dough.
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 08-11-2013, 09:44 PM

Alas, my absolute favorite SoundToys plug-ins (going back to the Wave Mechanics days), Time Blender and Pitch Blender, would seem to be dead in the water. A real shame, because those are the truly unique and irreplaceable plug-ins in the company’s lineup.

We’ll fix it in the shrink-wrap. (Frank Zappa)

Last edited by Andre Knecht; 08-11-2013 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Formatting
Old 08-11-2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Knecht View Post
Alas, my absolute favorite SoundToys plug-ins (going back to the Wave Mechanics days), Time Blender and Pitch Blender, would seem to be dead in the water. A real shame, because those are the truly unique and irreplaceable plug-ins in the company’s lineup.
Have you compared it to the Eventide H3000 Plug-In? That is currently in AAX Native form for Pro Tools 10
Ross Martin Super Beast
Apple Mac Pro 8 Core 2.66Ghz 16GB RAM
OSX 10.14.6
http://www.keith-moore.org
Old 08-12-2013, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Knecht
The original wave mechanics bundle is still my favorite set of plugins. Would love to see them make it AAX native, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I have enough stuff laying around now to build a simple TDM system to use as a plugin server, that's the best way I an think of to keep these around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Moore View Post
Have you compared it to the Eventide H3000 Plug-In? That is currently in AAX Native form for Pro Tools 10
I'm going to seriously look at this when the 64bit AAX version comes out.

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Old 08-12-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Toolbox View Post

I'm going to seriously look at this when the 64bit AAX version comes out.
We use that Eventide plugin all the time. Awesome doubblers with out of this world effects and really do have that pro user feeling when you listen to hit records out right now. Recognizing lots of effects from H3000 and it is stable as Hell too

Recommended 100%
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————