Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-01-2008, 03:20 PM

Default headphone send muted by low latency? Arrgghh...

I have a headphone distribution amp which allows you to input the main mix, then add individual input to each of four headphones. Each of the four can then get 'more me' by turning up their own input over the main mix.

So I create a send on, for instance, the vox track and route it through an output and into the headphone amp. All's cool until I turn on Low Latency Monitoring. That mutes the send. I get a dialog box that says you can't change a send's mute status when Low Latency is on. Catch-22 here, apparently.

Is there another way to route the output from a single track to an external box? It sort of defeats the whole purpose if I can't use Low Latency Monitoring...

And, of course, I'm under a time crunch with a band here...thanks in advance for any help you can give me...

spkguitar?
shan?

grae
P4, 3.8 gHz, 2G Ram, 003R, Command|8, PTLE 7.3.1...
Old 01-01-2008, 07:12 PM

Default Re: headphone send muted by low latency? Arrgghh...

This is a good reason to use a powerful computer as it allows you to record at a 64 buffer and skip Low Latency Mode. Something to try-create an aux track and set its input to the same mic as you are recording and assign the aux track output to your headphone send jack. Run the aux track fader up to adjust the send level to the headphone amp.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave