How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 05-08-2018, 02:07 AM

Default Re: Greyed out tracks and regions in Edit Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossi68 View Post
I got the same problem, starting a few weekas ago.
I go to the I/O setup, uncheck all bus routing, click ok,
Then open I/O setup again and check the first bus routing option-click ok.
Then its normal again, at least on my system.

Win 10, PT 12.7
RME fireface UFX
Thanks, I'll give that a go next time it happens. At the moment I clear the problem by duplicating the frozen track, deleting it and then using the new one.
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
macOS Mojave v10.14.2
AMD Radeon R9 M380 2048 MB
Old 05-09-2018, 05:04 AM

Hello. I am having a similar problem except everything is playing back so it's not an I/O issue. This happened after I duplicated the project and made a copy. Now when I go back to the original, or any previously saved versions all tracks are greyed out and uneditable. I have tried all the fixes mentioned so far in this thread. I also upgraded to the latest version of Pro Tools. Is anyone else having this problem? I literally can't work On this song or find a work around. Any help would be much appreciated.

- Chris
Old 11-11-2018, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylzool View Post
Hello. I am having a similar problem except everything is playing back so it's not an I/O issue. This happened after I duplicated the project and made a copy. Now when I go back to the original, or any previously saved versions all tracks are greyed out

- Chris

I had a similar issue when I tried to connect a midi keyboard to my Eleven Rack. I had to change playback engines because my Omni doesn't have midi.
When the midi didn't recognize my keyboard, I resorted to playing the keyboard live to an audio track, and disconnected the midi cables. When I reopened the session the next day, all of my new tracks were greyed out, but audible.

I put all of my I/O settings to default, but the tracks were still grey. Then, I trimmed the end off one of my greyed tracks and suddenly it turned to color.
I did the same to all of the other grey tracks, and it worked.