Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2012, 08:24 PM

Default (Official?) AAX BUGs list

I've seen a post like this somewhere, but now I can't find it - so here's what I've found?

Mod Delay III - AAX DSP
Choosing a note length, won't seem to stick, once the session have been saved, closed, and opened again. The actual delay value is recalled properly, even though the note symbol is no longer highlighted, BUT if you then change the tempo after re-opening the session (say in a song writing situation) the delay won't follow since it's set up NOT to follow note value's (because it did not stick).

Reverb One
The mix slider seems to be stick on 100% not matter the position - RESOLVED: See post #6

ReVibe II
The mix slider seems to be stick on 100% not matter the position - RESOLVED: See post #6

Please chip in if you find stuff that repeatable. I'll try it, and update this post.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:48 PM

Default Re: (Offcial?) AAX BUGs list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterjk View Post
D-Verb
I've had once instance where the MIX slider was not doing anything, but I can't reproduce that error.
Hardly a bug then, no? Sometimes things will do something weird once or twice. You try making 3 billion calculations per second without the occasional blip.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 08-02-2012, 10:20 PM

Yeah, you're right Dism, but I just now found out, that it was not D-verb causing the trouble but Revibe II, were the mix slider don't work. It seems to be stuck on 100% no matter the position. And this bug is possible to repeat.

I will edit the list above.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Yeah, you're right Dism, but I just now found out, that it was not D-verb causing the trouble but Revibe II, were the mix slider don't work. It seems to be stuck on 100% no matter the position. And this bug is possible to repeat.

I will edit the list above.
Same happens on Reverb One
Old 08-03-2012, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefB View Post
Same happens on Reverb One
On my system, Reverb One is fine.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Revibe II, were the mix slider don't work. It seems to be stuck on 100% no matter the position. And this bug is possible to repeat.
Any chance you have the "WET" button selected? When pressed and highlighted yellow it gives you a 100% wet output regardless of the slider position. This is on purpose and a feature to be able to select a 'reverb only' output for use in a send/ return scenario.

Reverb One has this feature as well.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:31 AM

Wauv. Yes. I thought it was only an indicator - not a button.

So when the plugin open (in factory default) everything is fine, but as soon as I recall a preset, it's only wet, because all presets are saved like this.

I will remove this from "the list" above.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Avid

Post Re: (Offcial?) AAX BUGs list

Quote:
Mod Delay III - AAX DSP
Choosing a note length, won't seem to stick, once the session have been saved, closed, and opened again.
Reproduced here. The actual delay value is recalled properly, but the note is no longer highlighted.

We'll get this logged. Thanks!

(Would you be cool with changing the title of this thread to reflect this specific issue? Might be more effective than lumping multiple issues together.)
Old 08-04-2012, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Would you be cool with changing the title of this thread to reflect this specific issue?
Acutally I think it does reflect the specific issue of gathering all BUG's ("features") of the new AAX batch for the developers to change in the next versions? Should it be place somewhere else?
Old 08-04-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Reproduced here. The actual delay value is recalled properly, but the note is no longer highlighted.
This seems to imply that it's just the display thats messed up. In my experience the actual delay value is out of time when the session is reopened which makes it totally unusable. I'll check mine to see if the numbers are staying the same but even if they are the delay is not in time when the session is reopened.