Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2006, 05:30 PM

Default Editing My Music Without M-Audio Interface

Hello,

I am currently working with PT M-Powered 7.0 and Mobile Pre-USB. Anytime that I unplug the USB (Mobile Pre USB) cable from my computer, I can't even play the song that I've created on PT to open. Is there anything that I am missing here to be able to play/edit my songs without plugging in the Mobile Pre-USB?

Thanks!
Old 04-03-2006, 05:33 PM

Default Re: Editing My Music Without M-Audio Interface

You must have the M-Audio hardware installed/attached for Pro Tools to function.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 04-11-2006, 05:43 AM

Are you serious, so in other words, there is no F**** way that I would be able to edit or listen to the music I created without attaching my M-audio interface to it?

Old 04-11-2006, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Are you serious, so in other words, there is no F**** way that I would be able to edit or listen to the music I created without attaching my M-audio interface to it?

That is correct.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 04-11-2006, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Quote:

That is correct.
Not quite. Its not clear (at least it is to me) whether you're hoping to edit/listen while running Pro Tools or whether you just want to edit/listen regardless of whether Pro Tools is running. The more precise answer would be: there is no way to listen to or edit your music IN PRO TOOLS without attaching your M-Audio interface to your computer.

In other words, you can actually listen to and/or edit your music without doing all of the above if you: (1) export it to some other program (another DAW like Logic or Cubase, or an editor like SoundForge for example--you can even export your wav or aiff files to iTunes); or, (2)if you only want to listen to what you have created, then simply do what we all do at the end of the Pro Tools process: burn your finished product to a CD. You can do the same with individual wav/aiff/sd2 files.

The question is whether any of these alternatives suits your fancy. If your objective is running your audio in Pro Tools (what the other poster undoubtedly figures you want to do), then yes, you MUST have a proper interface hooked up. Cuts down on piracy and so forth, blah blah...

Forgive me if I'm just rehashing the obvious, but its a public forum and not every reader is well-versed in Pro Tools ins and outs. (No pun intended.)

Mike Colucci