Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 11-11-2002, 07:59 PM

Default My Buddy Has Nuendo How Do I Send Him A PT\'s Session

I'm not real clear on how to transfer a session with piano/drums/voacals over to his platform.

he will be playing guitars for me then SENDING IT BACK TO MY PT's. How to complete the circle as well?

thanks guys
Old 11-11-2002, 09:44 PM

Default Re: My Buddy Has Nuendo How Do I Send Him A PT\'s Session

Nuendo won't open PT sessions directly, however if you save your pro tools sessions as OMF files (just save a copy) then send him those files, Nuendo can open that. Then I would assume he can just send it back and you can open that same OMF file. Word of note, I assume your working on a PC and your working in Broadcast Wave, but in case your on a mac, Nuendo can only Import SD2, but it can not work in that format (it converts to wav), so you'll probably get your project back in BWAV format, which is what the AES is probably going to make the standard any way.
Old 11-12-2002, 12:09 AM

the free OMF-tool is only available on the mac-platform...

better just bounce your temporary mix to a stereo-wav, and ask him to do the same. Add silenca at the beginning to be able to get it to lign up with your session.

Bastiaan
Old 11-13-2002, 12:51 AM

Hi Bloux!

I've never opened a Pro Tools session in Nuendo, but I have opened a Nuendo file in Pro Tools. Just make sure they send you the complete file folder including the Nuendo project file. Pro Tools will convert it with no problem.

I honestly can't see why Nuendo wouldn't be able to do the same thing.

I think I still have some Nuendo projects left over. Let me do some research on it and I'll get back to you.

Hope this helps you out a little. Good luck!