Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2021, 10:28 AM

Default WT Automixer

I've been looking for a Pro Tools plug in for post that does what the Dan Dugan Automixer does with live mics. recently I have come accross this WTAUTOMIXER.com Does anyone out there know anything about it or has used it? I would be using it for post produced roundtable recordings and would want to off line bounce.

Thanks
Tom Lewis
Old 02-22-2021, 11:21 AM

Default Re: WT Automixer

You know that Waves Makes a Dugan auto mixer plugin, right? Kind of pricy, tough.

https://www.waves.com/bundles/dugan-...r-dugan-speech

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 02-22-2021, 01:09 PM

The Waves Dugan Plug-in only works in a live environment. It is not intended to work in post production. One could buy it and a Waves MultiRack and send real time audio to it the way that music is sometimes Re-Amped but I am looking for a traditional plug-in that I can stay in the box and off line (faster than real time) bounce.
Old 02-23-2021, 02:06 AM

Default WT Automixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLewis View Post
I've been looking for a Pro Tools plug in for post that does what the Dan Dugan Automixer does with live mics. recently I have come accross this WTAUTOMIXER.com Does anyone out there know anything about it or has used it? I would be using it for post produced roundtable recordings and would want to off line bounce.

Thanks
Tom Lewis

Yes. I demoed it for the exact same purpose you’re wanting to use it for.

It works, but I’m undecided whether to get this or another I have also been demoing, TB Pro Audio AMM. I demoed this a while back and it did the job but wasn’t blown away. They’ve released a v2 of it and since demoing it, I’ve changed my mind. TBH - I think I didn’t really play with it enough first time round.

Which is better out of the two? Unsure. I’d like to put them side by side but WT AutoMixer only has a 7 day iLok demo which is well and truly expired. They both do what they say on the tin. AMM seems to have a few more parameters and is a tad cheaper. No iLok either if that floats your boat.

I’ve only ever used HW Dan Duggan and that obviously works really well. Very transparent. No idea what the Waves version sounds like for the reason you mentioned - no native version.

AFAIK, the two I mentioned are the only two plugin auto mixers on the market. I’ve done a lot of searching and they’re the only two I could find. Again, I’m not including the Waves DD version.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk mi
Old 02-23-2021, 01:36 PM

I would definitely demo TB AMM v2 for a while before buying it. I tried it a couple of weeks ago on 2020.12 and it seemed pretty well unusable.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 02-23-2021, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
I would definitely demo TB AMM v2 for a while before buying it. I tried it a couple of weeks ago on 2020.12 and it seemed pretty well unusable.

What was your issue?

Running fine on 2020.11 for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk