Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2011, 03:25 PM

Default Exporting omf

Hello, I am desperately trying to export my Pro Tools session into a OMF file so that someone else can mix it in Logic. I am currently running Pro Tools LE 8 on a Mac Power G5. I have went to the option File and tried to select the option Export, but the Export option is not highlighted. Can anyone help me out? Is there a way to enable the Export option? Your help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:32 PM

Default Re: Exporting omf

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetcornermg View Post
Hello, I am desperately trying to export my Pro Tools session into a OMF file so that someone else can mix it in Logic. I am currently running Pro Tools LE 8 on a Mac Power G5. I have went to the option File and tried to select the option Export, but the Export option is not highlighted. Can anyone help me out? Is there a way to enable the Export option? Your help would be appreciated. Thanks.
I did think PT LE 8 had the Export to OMF option. I thought you had to have the Production Toolkit, or some other option (Digi Translator?) Pro Tools 9 seems to have this included by default.

Steve
Old 03-04-2011, 04:20 PM

PT 8 Le only can export omf if you have the digitranslator installed/purchased. PT9 includes this free.

However, if you're just sending this off to be mixed, export stems and zip those up. Make sure u label your stems well and your mixer will love you.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:11 PM

Thanks you guys for the speedy response. I downloaded the digitranslator 2.0. Do I need an ilok for this?

thanks.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:43 PM

You need the Ilok license. It's a paid program. Brand new it goes for $495, but you can usually find it far cheaper on Ebay or in these forums.

There should be a lot of these licenses available because they used to be bundles with DV toolkit and complete toolkit, and they're not needed in PT9.

Generally, used ones have been going for between $75 and $100, plus $25 Ilok transfer fee.

Of course, that money could also go toward the PT9 crossgrade, but since you have a G5, you would also need a new computer to use that.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetcornermg View Post
Thanks you guys for the speedy response. I downloaded the digitranslator 2.0. Do I need an ilok for this?

thanks.
I have a license I don't need anymore. Shoot me an email through my profile if you need it.