Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 08-27-2020, 03:17 PM

Default Re: When was the last Update? (meaningful that is)

I am a he, for what it is worth
Old 08-27-2020, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt kirk View Post
AudioVision, i think it was called....
StudioVision, i think it was…
and there was EZVision, and originally simply Vision, a basic midi sequencer.
Old 08-27-2020, 04:37 PM

Yes StudioVision Killed by Gibson and it's creators

I just used batch rename and if that's not useful then I may not know.
Still waiting on HDX firmware or trade up to...
Old 08-27-2020, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zion View Post
You guys are wasting your time with JFreak. He is as bias as one can get for Avid. It is well documented through out theses forums. Don’t know what he’s after. Most of his posts are defending Avid in some way. The bullying moderating tactics make absolutely no sense what so ever. This dude is the only person on here everyday all day defending Avid at every post! Who does that? Must not be really into making music. Maybe the forum is the sole purpose why JFreak is here? Maybe he’s lonely? Maybe he is getting paid? I don’t know but it is really nauseating! My advice is ignore JFreak and hope someone else with well intentions can answer you.
You really need to lose the 'tude dude. Janne is one of the more knowledgeable people here. Right up there with Darryl Ramm, Southside Christopher and others too many to name.

QAPLA!
Old 08-27-2020, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zion View Post
You guys are wasting your time with JFreak. He is as bias as one can get for Avid. It is well documented through out theses forums. Don’t know what he’s after. Most of his posts are defending Avid in some way. The bullying moderating tactics make absolutely no sense what so ever. This dude is the only person on here everyday all day defending Avid at every post! Who does that? Must not be really into making music. Maybe the forum is the sole purpose why JFreak is here? Maybe he’s lonely? Maybe he is getting paid? I don’t know but it is really nauseating! My advice is ignore JFreak and hope someone else with well intentions can answer you.
I started this tread and that is why I have given up responding, it seems like I'm not allowed to be a frustrated paying customer.

Is it that Avid can do no wrong? I suppose we do live in the part of the world where we have free speech and everyone is entitled to it
iMac 27" Late 2013 3.5Ghz i7 32GB Ram 3TB HDD, 1TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro, Movaje 10.14.6, Pro tools 2021.7, 2021.3 & 2020.12 installed. UAD Apollo 8 Quad & Satellite Quad, Reason 10.4.1 & Reason Suite 11.3.9, Logic Pro X 10.5.1 (need to upgrade to Catalina for LPX10.6), plugins & VI's by practically everyone. G-Tech Mini 1TB HDD, 3 x 1TB Glyph GT050Q, Lacie Rugged 500GB & several assorted drives.....lots & lots of hardware synths & outboard

https://soundcloud.com/2b3productions
Old 08-27-2020, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxes View Post
I started this tread and that is why I have given up responding, it seems like I'm not allowed to be a frustrated paying customer.

Is it that Avid can do no wrong? I suppose we do live in the part of the world where we have free speech and everyone is entitled to it
It looks like to me that you're allowed to express your opinions. I think what we are reacting to is the confrontational approach you have. Let's cool down.
Old 08-27-2020, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
It looks like to me that you're allowed to express your opinions. I think what we are reacting to is the confrontational approach you have. Let's cool down.
Confrontational?

Who did I confront?
iMac 27" Late 2013 3.5Ghz i7 32GB Ram 3TB HDD, 1TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro, Movaje 10.14.6, Pro tools 2021.7, 2021.3 & 2020.12 installed. UAD Apollo 8 Quad & Satellite Quad, Reason 10.4.1 & Reason Suite 11.3.9, Logic Pro X 10.5.1 (need to upgrade to Catalina for LPX10.6), plugins & VI's by practically everyone. G-Tech Mini 1TB HDD, 3 x 1TB Glyph GT050Q, Lacie Rugged 500GB & several assorted drives.....lots & lots of hardware synths & outboard

https://soundcloud.com/2b3productions
Old 08-27-2020, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxes View Post
Folder tracks? Some S*** other DAWs have had for years!! And that's it for the YEARS renewal money they get from me.....you're got to be kidding me! I have all those versions and IMO there is jack that is 'meaningful' particularly as Avid DOUBLED the fee. Avid DO NOT listen to their customers they listen to their investors. I understand they have a business to run but good business is listening to those who pay you.
True, and there's some other features that other DAW's have that PT doesn't, but what other choice is there for those in post who are fully invested in PT in the facility.
-HD Omni
-BM Intensity Pro

-Waves Mercury+SSL4000 Collection+Abbey Roads
-iZotope RX10 Advanced
-iZotope Post Production Suite 6
-iZotope Music Production Suite 5
-HALO UP/DOWN MIX
-ANYMIX
-Delonghi Perfecta ESAM 5600.S
Old 08-27-2020, 09:07 PM

OP foxes is not confrontational. If we can't handle a little frustration around here, what good are we? Are we all supposed to measured and even-tempered all the time? Not possible--welcome to the human race!
Old 08-27-2020, 10:23 PM

I stand by JFreak. He is always helpful and I think he is balancing the discussion. However, I am not happy either about paying 400 a year for bug fixes and a few new functions, most of which are useless to me. My renewal is coming up and like every year I am moaning and hesitating. It is not the money. It is the principle of feeding greedy men in suits who make ten times what I do for not delivering anywhere near what we should expect for 400 a year. They need to lower the price for Ultimate significantly, even if that means loosing the support function and pay for it when you need it (never so far in my case). 100 per year seems about right. Last year I had to keep current since the software was extra buggy at that time, Catalina was out and a new MacPro was coming. This time I don’t see myself changing much on the software and hardware side of MacOS... So maybe this is the right time to stop talking and start acting. To show Avid what I think by canceling the updates. For sure, they don’t come here to hear me moan.

Phone +46707773443