Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2013, 01:25 PM

Default Re: "The selected ASIO audio device could not be initialized..." error

I got to the same conclusion today so, the Solo Fast Track is actually some kind of external audio card (or approaching).

I opened today a tool I found on my "All programs" list : Fast Track Solo Control Panel. It appears that the box is connected through USB (green light on front for the power I guess), but this tool shows a "Device not connected" at the bottom right of the window, even though the connection is done physically.

I thought it was recognized since in the "Device Manager" of windows, I had a " Fast Track Solo"listed in the USB controller list.

So...exactly as you said; as long as my computer (i.e. Fast Track Solo Control Panel) doesn't recognize the Solo Box, ProTools express won't either.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Gonna try different connections and update the post.

Thanks again
Old 06-05-2013, 04:15 PM

I'd be uninstalling the driver from Windows and reinstalling it again.

Do not assume you know how to do this, do not let plug and play install the driver. Follow the exact instructions in the manual with the interface disconnected while you install the driver.

Darryl

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 06-05-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:49 AM

Hi again,

First of all, thanks for all the help provided!

Then....it seems to work much better (not yet perfectly though)!

When I was going in the Fast Track Solo Control Panel, the device was considered as not connected. When going to the device manager, the Fast Track Solo was listed in the USB controller section (can't remember the exact name). My idea was that it was quite at the wrong place (is much more a "user audio interface" (only know the french name of it)), which is why (while having FTS connected, I uninstalled the USB controller.

The, I disconnected/reconnected FTS. This time windows showed me the driver installation window. It was checking on Windows Update first to get the driver. I stopped the Windows Update research and it finally used the correct driver!

I should maybe mention that I installed tenth of times the drivers as explained in the procedure etc. but it never worked. When I connected the FTS it just felt as if nothing was recognized by Windows.

Now ProTools is launching correctly! The only problem remaining is the absence of audio output (every application plays well on my speakers, but prottol seems to play sounds...somewhere else). I still have to figure this out, but as I got this result quite late yesterday I just had no time to do some searches about it.

Anyway: the initial problem is solved, so thank you very much! I will now try to have som esound, but this is another problem.

yipeee