Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 09-21-2020, 07:52 AM

Default Blue D Command Issues Help

I'm not a overly experienced user of this board, so please help me out if possible.
I recently have experienced when turning on the main power for my D-Command and 24 Fader pack that everything comes up, indicates offline, lights ,clock etc, then I launch my Mac Pro and by the time that's all launched, the unit goes into a sleep mode.
The far two left faders indicate D-Com and then mand but no lights on the main control board etc.
Is there something I am missing on this unit? The ethernet in PT appears to see the two boards?
The board passes audio, just no lights, faders, meters on the channels, pans, etc etc, as if it's offline?

Any suggestions please

Last edited by postman56; 09-21-2020 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-21-2020, 09:35 PM

Default Re: Blue D Command Issues Help

1. Are you using HD or Ultimate, Icons only work with these, don't work with the non HD versions.

2. Do you have the D Command enabled in the ethernet section of the peripherals setup?
Setup > Peripherals > Ethernet Controllers - tick 'enable' on the ethernet port, make sure the port selected in the drop down is the one your are plugged into on your computer - then select the Icon in the drop down windows below it numbered #1, #2... #1 should be the main unit, #2 should be the fader pack.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:51 AM

Hello thank-you for reaching out.
Yes I have the D-Command HD rig with the 24 fader pack.
I have gone thru the ethernet settings and it seems that the PT system is seeing both the main and fader pack in the drop downs.
Upon launch everything comes up, offline is in the timer window, all channels have lights, etc, then the unit does dim, before I can launch a Pro Tools session ,controls appear to still be working.
Older sessions come up with the faders in the appropriate position as last left, just now lights illuminating the settings are not on.
The unit LEDs doesn't stay lite long enough to try the firmware update,
any suggestions next.
Xmon is passing audio.
Regards
Ken
Old 09-22-2020, 10:01 AM

Is it working on Vegas mode ?
Old 09-22-2020, 10:32 AM

When I start the entire rig, I have a brief period before it goes dim, I was able to get the fader pack into utility mode and reset it, I could get the lights to go Vegas mode, I tried to get into the utility mode on the main and it went dim half way through upgrading the firmware on the Xmon.
Could it be a sleep mode or something?
Old 09-22-2020, 03:33 PM

Once I power mine on, it just stays with 'offline' in the clock window until I launch Pro Tools, it never sleeps.. Can you post a video of what is happening?
If it's happening with both units then I'd guess it's not the led power supply playing up. Maybe something to do with the firmware update failing halfway...what version of HD are you on?

Last edited by Led; 09-22-2020 at 04:00 PM.
Old 09-22-2020, 05:40 PM

I just had a look at mine, there is a sleep setting in the utility menu, I wonder if it's anything to do with that..mine is set to off, which is obviously why it never sleeps. In the soft key section on the main unit, the bottom second right button 'utility', then select the prefs option, then sleep option. You use the jog wheel to change the time before the unit sleeps, if you want it off you need to keep going up in time and off is the setting after 12 hours. Don't know if that helps..
Old 09-22-2020, 06:21 PM

I was able to update the firmware but it still went to sleep quickly.
The Xmon and faders are still working, just no lights.
Speaking with an expert in LA at , Advanced Musical Electronics , with the help of Terry there, it appears it could be the LEd Power supply underneath the main unit.
Has anyone repaired these with a replacement capacitor etc, or has everyone just bought a rebuilt power supply?
Much appreciated
Old 09-23-2020, 09:21 PM

If you handy with a soldering iron ...it can be a bit hit a miss just swapping out caps but it can work, I've done it successfully to fix a similar design Lexicon supply. Provided it's a cap that's the problem.. you'll likely have to pull them to get the values as I don't think there are any schematics for that supply available. Bad caps don't always bulge, so a visual inspection might not reveal much, but that would be the place to start. Pretty sure you can still get the SIP PSU for the leds new for around $120 us if that doesn't work out.