Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces

Old 03-06-2021, 07:49 AM

Default Scarlet 8i6 PT12 stereo guitar track

hi new here not sure if this is right place to ask for help with PT 12 and scarlet 8i6 interface?

i have done this a million times before with my old PT 8 and my 2 chanel M box. I want to record a stereo guitar using a mono input 1 preamp and cant seem to make a stereo session track record in stereo without making an AUX mono input and bussing to a sterio track, with my old MBOX i just used mono preamp input and could record a stereo or mono guitar track with ease. with the scarlet and software to assign input and outputs cant seem to record a stereo guitar track using a mono input source??? please anyone know

Thanks!
Old 03-06-2021, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Scarlet 8i6 PT12 stereo guitar track

This probably belongs in the Getting Started section. Having said that, you're likely doing it wrong. You record a mono source to a mono audio track and a stereo source to a stereo audio track. Of course, to record a stereo signal(of any kind) it takes 2 inputs/preamps. What exactly is your guitar source that you are referring to as "stereo"? If it actually is stereo(like the output of a Line 6 Helix), then you need to take 2 signals(left and right) from that source and connect them to 2 inputs of your interface. Then create a stereo audio track and select the proper PAIR of inputs. If that pair appears to not be available, open Setup>IO and select the INPUT tab and see what input paths are showing. It might be as simple as hitting the DEFAULT button, or adding the proper path manually(maybe watch some youtube tutorials on how to customize the IO setup). If this doesn't help, come back with complete details on everything and every connection

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave