How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2021, 02:24 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2020.12 M1 Mac Mini

Great news about Kontakt for sure!

Anyone tried the AIR plugins? As clunky and old as some of them are I probably can't be without Strike and such.

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 03-02-2021, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bond View Post
Great news about Kontakt for sure!

Anyone tried the AIR plugins? As clunky and old as some of them are I probably can't be without Strike and such.

Stephen

Do you the Air plugins that come with PT? I mean the bundle that is downloaded from the your Avid account.

If so the Air plugs are working with my M1 Mini.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 03-02-2021, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebee62 View Post
Do you the Air plugins that come with PT? I mean the bundle that is downloaded from the your Avid account.

Coincidentally, I went looking for an update for these (mine appear to be rather old in the Plugins folder) but couldn't find anything recent. I'm referring to things like Strike and Velvet and Structure. Is there a new installer more recent than 2018?
Old 03-02-2021, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
Coincidentally, I went looking for an update for these (mine appear to be rather old in the Plugins folder) but couldn't find anything recent. I'm referring to things like Strike and Velvet and Structure. Is there a new installer more recent than 2018?

I’m not aware of a updated installer for the Air plugins.

Old 03-02-2021, 07:52 PM

Quote:
I’m not aware of a updated installer for the Air plugins.
So we probably have the same versions, and you're saying that they're working with the M1. More good news for an inevitable future purchase. Bad news is that we've just learned that Rosetta may be disappearing in the very near future (at least for some areas of the world, but if some it will eventually be all).
Old 03-03-2021, 03:38 AM

AIR DS 500 is updated to Catalina and Big Sur support so there it hope!

https://www.airmusictech.com/product...th-500#updates

Stephen

Old 03-03-2021, 03:50 AM

Quote:

Historically some AIR plugins came with Pro Tools, Boom MiniGrand, Vacuum and such. Then there was the AIR Instruments Expansion, Velvet and Strike, Transfuser, Hybrid, Vacuum Pro etc. That was an extra purchase followed by subsequent paid upgrades. Luckily this was before the dark days of the subscription arrived

Since then AIR have been selling many of the plugins by themselves at $9.99 or upgrade from one to all for $50-75? Also the additional audio plugin bundle 'Creative FX'. Support and updates are pretty slow for the plugins but I use a good few of them all the time so I don't really want to be without them. I'm in the market for a new Mac at some time in the short to mid term so I'm keen to see them work with the M1. Here's the scenarios
  • They are supported/updated and work with the M1
  • They are unsupported/updated but work with the M1
  • They don't work and we will have to wait on updates
  • They don't work and won't be updated

So let's hope for support for all the plugins and applications on the M1 before too long. It's looking good from most of the sources I have seen save this one?

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/pro...test-pro-tools

Stephen

Old 03-03-2021, 04:36 AM

AIR support is a disaster. I am already thinking I will never see AIR plugins once everything is Apple Silicon.
Old 03-03-2021, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Historically some AIR plugins came with Pro Tools, Boom MiniGrand, Vacuum and such. Then there was the AIR Instruments Expansion, Velvet and Strike, Transfuser, Hybrid, Vacuum Pro etc. That was an extra purchase followed by subsequent paid upgrades. Luckily this was before the dark days of the subscription arrived

Since then AIR have been selling many of the plugins by themselves at $9.99 or upgrade from one to all for $50-75? Also the additional audio plugin bundle 'Creative FX'. Support and updates are pretty slow for the plugins but I use a good few of them all the time so I don't really want to be without them. I'm in the market for a new Mac at some time in the short to mid term so I'm keen to see them work with the M1. Here's the scenarios

• They are supported/updated and work with the M1
  • They are unsupported/updated but work with the M1
  • They don't work and we will have to wait on updates
  • They don't work and won't be updated

So let's hope for support for all the plugins and applications on the M1 before too long. It's looking good from most of the sources I have seen save this one?

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/pro...test-pro-tools

Stephen

My reasons for getting a M1 Mac are detailed in post #11 of this thread.

I fully expected to do any PT work on my 2011 iMac and not the M1 Mini. I haven’t powered up the iMac since getting the M1 Mini. Everything I need to run in PT is running on the M1 Mini thankfully. Of course YMMV in that respect.

I’ve been running the M1 Mini pretty much non stop for 2 weeks tomorrow and the thing never gets hot and it’s absolutely silent. I never realized how loud the fans in my iMac were.

Anyone with a 5-10 year old Mac like myself. I would say hold off for Apple Sillicon iMacs and potential Mac Pros.

Old 03-03-2021, 11:15 AM

Quote:
AIR DS 500 is updated to Catalina and Big Sur support so there it hope!

https://www.airmusictech.com/product...th-500#updates

Stephen
Thanks for pointing that out. I've purchased several copies of quite a few of their instruments and didn't know there were updates. Nothing from AIR and I'm on their list.