Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2018, 11:53 AM

Default "NEW" MacBook Pro 2012 Which OS should I go with?

I bought a great shape 2012 MacBook Pro unibody ( so it has all the ports, thanks Apple ) and it came with Sierra. It's the quad I7 2.3, 16 gig ram, 500 gig SSD ( not fusion ). My PT 12 caps out at Yosemite unless I upgrade, my Waves plugs are good from there to High Sierra, komplete 11 is good from there also.

Before I start to load things in, was wanting to get some opinions from fellow DUC's. Should I revert back to Yosemite, stay at Sierra, or upgrade to High Sierra? If I stay or upgrade, then I have to upgrade PT but the rest is good.

Just so you know, I've been rocking a HD 3 system on PT HD 8 forever and see no reason to stop using it for tracking and mixing ( loaded for bear with software and plugs for this system ). Didn't upgrade HD but did upgrade 2 regular PT licenses with support and they capped out at 12 under Yosemite. I have never used those even though I did install on another drive. I have considered the HD upgrade that way I can have HD 10 for my old system and 2018 for the MacBook. Or just upgrade a regular license to 2018 for the MacBook.

So, which OS have you had the most success with, which seems more stable? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!