Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)

Old 01-11-2013, 12:54 PM

Default USB M-Audio Fast Track is there.. then it's not.

Hi folks. I'm running Mac OSX 10.7.5 with the updated version 8.0.3 of Pro-Tools Essentials.
The problem is that the input device, my USB FastTrack (front knobs) won't work. When plugged in the green front led illuminates for about three seconds, then goes out again. The blue LED stays on all the time.
When I open OSX Preferences it says there is no device connected; then suddenly changes to "a device is connected and settings will be applied immediately" and a device is registered as a M-Audio Fast Track, so it's the correct device, however the green light on the box stays off and it doesn't register with Pro-tools Essentials. If I reopen Preferences I get the same dialogue again - no device, then a device, but at no time does it light up green and allow me to record.
I've uninstalled the drivers and tried the latest version, 1.8.2 and firmware 1.01. but it's still the same. I unplug the USB, Pro-tools quits saying it can no longer connect to the device.
SO: the device is there... but it won't play with Pro-Tools Essentials.
Any tips?

Last edited by Paudman; 01-11-2013 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Clarity...!
Old 02-04-2013, 05:55 AM

Default Re: USB M-Audio Fast Track is there.. then it's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paudman View Post
Hi folks. I'm running Mac OSX 10.7.5 with the updated version 8.0.3 of Pro-Tools Essentials.
The problem is that the input device, my USB FastTrack (front knobs) won't work. When plugged in the green front led illuminates for about three seconds, then goes out again. The blue LED stays on all the time.
When I open OSX Preferences it says there is no device connected; then suddenly changes to "a device is connected and settings will be applied immediately" and a device is registered as a M-Audio Fast Track, so it's the correct device, however the green light on the box stays off and it doesn't register with Pro-tools Essentials. If I reopen Preferences I get the same dialogue again - no device, then a device, but at no time does it light up green and allow me to record.
I've uninstalled the drivers and tried the latest version, 1.8.2 and firmware 1.01. but it's still the same. I unplug the USB, Pro-tools quits saying it can no longer connect to the device.
SO: the device is there... but it won't play with Pro-Tools Essentials.
Any tips?
Hi,

Obviouis things to check..

new USB cable
Different USB connection on the computer
Connect directly to the computer (Not through a USB hub)
Anything else on the USB bus that could be drawing too much power away from the interface.

The interface itself doesn't have a faulty USB socket?

If its a new interface. take it back as faulty!

Could try trashing the AMS prefs and re-installing the fast track drivers. also uninstall the fast track drivers before re-installing if there's an uninstaller available.

details for deleting AMS prefs and other troubleshooting stuff...

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=54888

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.