Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-1999, 07:04 PM

Default Sync/dump DA98 to O2r and PTmix via TDIF/WC/MTC?

I have a 16 track DA98 project and need to dump all sixteen tracks into protools via my O2r Tascam card and then out through my O2r ADAT card into my PT ADAT bridge. Everything will be clocked via word clock at 48khz.
The problem is that I can only dump 8 tracks at a time, but considering it is a jazz album my only option for dumping the next 8 tracks is for the DA98 to be synced to PTs horizontal address(MTC/LTC). Correct me if I'm wrong but will MIDI Timecode work in this situation. Should the DA98 spit out MTC and Protools slave to that refrence. I don't want to have to buy a USD. My MIDI interface by the way is and Opcode 64X with SMTE and MTC capabilities.
The bottom line is how do you dump 16 tracks from one DA98 while at the same time keeping both dumps perfectly in sync with each other.
Old 12-20-1999, 08:39 PM

Default Re: Sync/dump DA98 to O2r and PTmix via TDIF/WC/MTC?

Why not call a rental company & rent the right box just for this transfer. Cheaper + tech knowhow if you pick the right company.

Jules

Rent a second DA98, & UFC or Apogee converter to make the signal 16ch adat Lightpipe? Then suck it in all in one 'locked' go?

Toss a turky snag on the barbie for me cobber!

The yank in Pomland.
www.gearslutz.com
Old 12-21-1999, 07:14 AM

Default Re: Sync/dump DA98 to O2r and PTmix via TDIF/WC/MTC?

Mastercut,
Do both DA98 tapes have the same time code recorded on them? If so you could use that to run the 64x and sync Pro Tools to the DA98, but you could have some drift if you don,t have video sync to lock the 98. The O2R,s word clock may work OK too. I would try it song by song and see what you get.

Hope this helps
Robert