Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 04-16-2014, 10:33 PM

Default my cranesong phoenix was stolen from me by ilok

i bought what i thought was a legitimate license for Cranesong Phoenix 2. about 6 months later i get an email from ilok saying the license was put there by mistake and that i cannot contact ilok support. they will not help me. i paid 450 dollars for this license through ebay. has anyone here had any experience with this kind of thing that might be able to help get my plugin back or money to buy again. this is crazy. the worst part is that ilok will not even speak to me. here is an excerpt:

The following licenses that were deposited in error were removed from your account:
Publisher Product Number of removed licenses
Crane Song Ltd Phoenix II 1
Our records indicate that one or more of the licenses were purchased from another ilok.com user. Please contact the seller of each license if you wish to obtain a refund. You can find the seller's name and other information in the email we sent to you on the transfer date. You may also try to seek a refund through any 3rd party broker, such as ebay or PayPal. Please do not contact ilok.com support; unfortunately they will not be able to assist you.
Radeon Hd 7770
Corsair Vengeance 16 gigs DDR3 RAM UA Solo 610 and a few nice mics
Old 04-16-2014, 10:53 PM

Default Re: my cranesong phoenix was stolen from me by ilok

i just looked at the ebay purchase history. "darlock.core" is the seller's name and he is based out of the russian federation. yeah, i'm really gonna get some justice on this. i am usually very cautious and level headed with online purchasing. i feel like an idiot and a child. does this mean i can't buy software on ebay now? dang, sometimes i just want to runaway from humanity.
Radeon Hd 7770
Corsair Vengeance 16 gigs DDR3 RAM UA Solo 610 and a few nice mics
Old 04-16-2014, 11:56 PM

Same thing here...same ebay seller too...
i already contact him like 5 min ago...and obviously still no reply...
i remember it was a bit of a hassle to receive the licence from him when i first bought it...could this mean he's not legit?
what a crisis.....i can't believe how many business hours i'm loosing over this since all of my sessions contains many instances of this plugin.
i also contacted crane song's support and asked if they know this darlock seller.
i hope this doesn't mean i have to pay 450$ now to get it again since ilok's support is a joke.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:57 PM

ebay/paypal conflict resolution
always check the seller rating before buying

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 04-17-2014, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonegiver View Post
i bought what i thought was a legitimate license for Cranesong Phoenix 2. about 6 months later i get an email from ilok saying the license was put there by mistake and that i cannot contact ilok support. they will not help me. i paid 450 dollars for this license through ebay. has anyone here had any experience with this kind of thing that might be able to help get my plugin back or money to buy again. this is crazy. the worst part is that ilok will not even speak to me. here is an excerpt:

The following licenses that were deposited in error were removed from your account:
Publisher Product Number of removed licenses
Crane Song Ltd Phoenix II 1
Our records indicate that one or more of the licenses were purchased from another ilok.com user. Please contact the seller of each license if you wish to obtain a refund. You can find the seller's name and other information in the email we sent to you on the transfer date. You may also try to seek a refund through any 3rd party broker, such as ebay or PayPal. Please do not contact ilok.com support; unfortunately they will not be able to assist you.
Hi,

Was this an ilok licence transfer? If yes then I think ilok definitely should be responsible and help you out! You would have had no way of knowing if this ilok auth was not genuine! You are just the end user of THEIR website and THEIR software.

Was this an orphaned USB ilok dongle with the licence on? Don't think it was but just checking facts!!

If it was not genuine then they should have flagged it up immediately the first time you synced with ilok software manager.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmatmor View Post
Same thing here...same ebay seller too...
i already contact him like 5 min ago...and obviously still no reply...
i remember it was a bit of a hassle to receive the licence from him when i first bought it...could this mean he's not legit?
what a crisis.....i can't believe how many business hours i'm loosing over this since all of my sessions contains many instances of this plugin.
i also contacted crane song's support and asked if they know this darlock seller.
i hope this doesn't mean i have to pay 450$ now to get it again since ilok's support is a joke.
Hi,

Again if you bought an ilok license transfer into YOUR account, then ilok should definitely be responsible. It is THEIR software that has been compromised and you have NO CONTROL over their software and how secure it is.

Selling licences is allowed and it's not the end user who can control if it's genuine or not.

This does make me mad to be honest and ilok have done this to me in the past! I have thousands of £$ worth of plugin licenses and have been using ilok for 10 years, yet they have no problem stoping me from working and losing £$ without as much as sending an email to ask me about the licenses they remove.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:40 AM

thank you for your support
i would love to know if there is any way to contact ilok on this matter.
this is so absurd just receiving an email saying that they removed a license from my account just like that....after i have bought and paid for it.
i have also been using ilok for more than 10 years and always got the zdt cover and it feels really frustrating after paying 30$ per year for 10 years now to see that there's absolutely no consideration
Old 04-17-2014, 12:49 AM

So. As they said, it was some kind of audit. I got the same email as Tonegiver. They took my Softube Trident A Range today. Sold to me by none other than Dirk Reinking! I contacted Dirk. He got a similar email from ilok shortly after I notified him. He's refunding me for the duplicate license sale. I LOVE how ilok disavows themselves AFTER THEY REMOVE YOUR LICENSE. My first truly PITA ilok story.

It's really BS that they can just go in and take what you paid for, according to their system/rules. I feel for you on the Ebay purchase. I gotta wonder if their gonna make another sweep to discover some other possible errors or illegitimacies. Completely totalitarian...

Need mixes, mastering, guitar, keyboard or bass parts added to your tracks? Need custom songs/music written and produced for special occasions? Check out The Soundz Shop. Great work by pros with multi-platinum experience at excellent prices...
Old 04-17-2014, 01:14 AM

Today I also received an email msg that 22 plugins(8 of them are Avid's) were removed from my Ilok account, because "there was some error" .

Of course, I bought them all in last 10+ years .

So, this is either a BIG mistake made by Ilok team, or some kind of Fraud trying to steal plugins from our accounts.

Also, recently I sold a PHOENIX(Crane Song) plugin to a guy, and it was also removed from his account telling him to ask for a refund from the guy who sold it to him.

This is more than weird, I am 55, and don't have much Patience to deal with this kind of things.

Tomorow they could take (steal) PT 10/11 license or any other....

I don't trust them and I say to all potential buyers: BEWARE!
Old 04-17-2014, 01:56 AM

I also had an email with the audit mentioned. Lost a Nugen authorisation. Not too disturbing as it was a work iLok and I have duplicates, but I'm a little afraid for my personal iLok.