Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2015, 02:57 PM

Default Avid Vocal Tune Plugin

Avid needs a vocal tuning plugin ASAP for HDX. Just about every single DAW has a built in AutoTune FX and/or Melodyne type stock plugin.

Doing a session last night where they want to print the light autotune effect as we track. Very common in the industry, not here for the morality or hang ups on using AutoTune. You can bend the effect while tracking which cannot be done when putting it on afterwards. Whatever.

We were using AutoTune Live, 64 buffer on HDX. The client kept stopping saying something is off, but we kept going. After about two hours I left the room for a few and when I came back in the tracking engineer is wheeling in the the HD rig we keep in storage in order to track through Autotune TDM over a 2trk bounce.

AutoTune is a main tracking staple as TDM on HD rigs and it seems to me that Avid has been so slow on the draw to address this as an AAX-DSP plugin. Like I said just about every daw has their own version as a stock plugin. Instead of doing avid branded aax-dsp pro compressors, expanders, and such which are in abundance already, why not do Avid branded AAX-DSP we actually NEED! Would it kill Avid to try to make the transition from TDM to HDX as seamless as possible.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Avid Vocal Tune Plugin

Ditto.
Retro 176 (pair), Pultec EQP-1A (pair), Germanium Comps (pair), BAE 10DC (pair), Distressor (pair), Manley Vari-Mu, Sta-Level, Zener, SSL Fusion, SSL FX G384, API 2500, LA2A, 1176, Bricasti, Massive Passive, Anamod ATS-1, Eventide H3500, TC 2290, Yamaha D5000, PCM92, PCM70... Amps, Amps & More Amps.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:41 AM

Totally agree! They actually have an opportunity to dig themselves out of a hole. They could actually boosts sales of their sagging flagship product if they attempted to think their way through this. Hope springs eternal.
Old 12-07-2015, 05:31 PM

Wide open space for Avid to take action.

Antares, via email, basically said use "Auto-Tune Live" on a native system at 32 buffers for best results. Travelling thru HDX card at 64 buffers will get worse results. They are not doing aax-dsp or previously announced UAD Apollo version.
Old 12-08-2015, 04:48 PM

I also would love to see AAX-DSP Tune plugins.
ATLive has too much latency when used with other plugs on a track.
Plugins: McDSP, Sonnox, Waves, Brainworx, IK, UAD
Instagram
YouTube
Old 12-08-2015, 05:22 PM

+1, We could really use this.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 12-08-2015, 06:06 PM

They should buy out or strike a deal with Ceremony and build it right intro the track like elastic audio.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty Chops View Post
They should buy out or strike a deal with Ceremony and build it right intro the track like elastic audio.
They used to give away Melodyne essential back in the days of PT 8
Old 12-08-2015, 08:48 PM

That's a bit different from the ARA stuff they do with Studio One, Sonar, and Tracktion. Much easier when it's built in, Melodyne is clunky as a plug-in and even more clunky as a rewire device.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:50 AM

Please add a real time vocal tuning function to PTs AVID. You are hurting us HDX users without it.

And quite frankly it's starting to look like you guys are losing the DAW battle with the lack of DSP plugs.

Sorry for the last thought, just venting a bit. I am tired of having the "most powerful DAW" that I can't do anything with and having to do a million work-arounds that its TDM predecessor and HD Native handle seamlessly.

I know you want to turn a profit, but its about time you do something for your faithful users.... give us tune!!!

please!