Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 04-18-2020, 10:11 AM

Default Re: Falcon expired on a current Update Plan

@Joeldadrummer

Yeah Falcon is not a perpetual license as it isn’t an Avid VI that comes with a PT perpetual License so when your 1 year plan ran out so did Falcon. They have a free version of Falcon at UVI but it is the Avid library that is in the yearly plan so you need to goto UVI and download a free version if your plan has expired. It was never a perpetual version.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-14-2020, 12:57 PM

I have the same problem. I have started a case, when I saw the expiration date is months before my plan expiration date. The support team answered, that the license is fixed, but it actually is just gone! And now Falcon is not working! And no response on the case. I have projects that I cannot work on now. This is VERY disappointing... And completely unprofessional. I am a pro tools user for maybe 20 years, but I feel abandoned more and more. So bad...
Old 10-14-2020, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs View Post
I have the same problem. I have started a case...
Looking at your case and will reply with more info.
Old 10-16-2020, 09:34 AM

Thank you very very much! The license issue is fixed! Now I am waiting to see the installers back in my account. Thank you again!
Old 06-26-2021, 03:37 PM

Hi, resurrecting this old thread because my UVI Falcon has expired, as well. At first I thought maybe I'll have to pay up if I want to keep it. But in case that's not the case, I wanted to post here.

When I look at my Avid account, these are showing as available downloads:

- UVI Falcon Factory Sounds 2.1.0 896.96 MB
- UVI Falcon 2.1.4 Mac 421.52 MB
- Plugsound Avid Edition (UFS)

In iLok License Manager, "Avid Falcon AAX" is shown as expired on 5/24/21... That happens to be the date my Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual Bundle renews every year, which I paid 10 days early. I had no trouble with renewal, or any downtime with Pro Tools Ultimate itself.

Oh, and I almost forgot... all my Avid Complete plugins (including X-Form, which was my go-to TCE method) also expired on that same day. So those need to be brought back as well.

What do I need to do to get these licenses back? Thanks in advance for any light you can shed!

-Mark
Old 06-28-2021, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpatey View Post
...my UVI Falcon has expired... my Avid Complete plugins (including X-Form, which was my go-to TCE method) also expired on that same day...
Sorry for the trouble. I escalated your support case.
Old 04-14-2022, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Sorry for the trouble. I escalated your support case.
Hi Jeffro,
I just realized today that I can't access to Falcon anymore, but I have some very important sessions that use it, and I need to at least have the option to commit my work.
What can I do ?
Cheers,
Noémie.
Old 04-14-2022, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noemie View Post
...I just realized today that I can't access to Falcon anymore, but I have some very important sessions that use it, and I need to at least have the option to commit my work.
What can I do ? ....
UVI’s generous $100 crossgrade to the Full version of Falcon is still available for both Perpetual licenses and Subscriptions – current or expired!

Avid Falcon crossgrade to full UVI version for $100 includes a $100 voucher!

"Falcon crossgrade for users of Pro Tools - get the full version of Falcon for only $100 (regularly $349) - this deal includes a $100 Voucher!"
This Voucher can only be used for UVI Soundware:
https://www.uvi.net/soundware-overview

"As a special way to say thank you for your continued support, we also include the $100 voucher good towards any soundware purchase on uvi.net (voucher code delivered by email after registering your Falcon license).
Each license of Falcon, like all UVI products, can be activated on up to 3 systems concurrently via iLok, and will work in standalone and across all major DAWs (VST, AU, AAX).
UVI provide your personal Falcon voucher code
Code linked to your personal account and valid once at uvi.net for a month."

Submit a request for a “Pro Tools - Falcon AAX Crossgrade” here:
https://support.uvi.net/hc/en-us/req...=4419126176529

For Windows users who need to move the “.ufs” files to a separate Samples drive, UVI initially default installs the SoundBanks here:
C:\Program Files\UltimateSoundBank\UVISoundBanks
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 04-15-2022, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
UVI’s generous $100 crossgrade to the Full version of Falcon is still available for both Perpetual licenses and Subscriptions – current or expired!

Avid Falcon crossgrade to full UVI version for $100 includes a $100 voucher!

Hi unkJE, and thanks for the information, but I don't find this generous from UVI/AVID in any way.
This just means I now have to pay 100$ in order to retrieve sounds I created with a software that was supposedly included with Pro Tools.
Sorry, but this is literally an attempt to rip customers off. And I even doubt that this is a legal practice. When I installed Falcon, there wasn't any advice saying that it was a demo, and my work is now lost.

Generous would be to offer something I didn't pay for, Normal would be to let me use what was included, Ripoff is to ask me money for something that was included.

This type of dishonest practices are what makes customers run away from AVID.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Captura de pantalla 2022-04-15 a las 10.24.05.jpg (39.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-15-2022, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noemie View Post
....Generous would be to offer something I didn't pay for...
Glad we agree on that, 'cos UVI's Falcon 2 is like Avid Falcon on steroids, plus Falcon 2’s normal price is 349 Euro/377 USD – now US$100 for us Avid users - who are currently being offered the cheapest upgrade path.

That's one of the most generous upgrade paths - right up there with Eventide's current offering:

https://www.uvi.net/falcon

You’ll notice in iLok license Manager that “extras” like the Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle and HEAT and Falcon are listed as “Subscription” licenses, that stop working when your Avid Plan stops – or, in Falcon’s case, when it was no longer being offered by Avid as an “extra” ...
… many manufacturers change their “sweetener” from year to year – “The Changing of the Carrot” for those mythical jaded carrot eaters … when all everyone wants is a rock-solid Pro Tools (and no “extras” at all – if that’s what it takes!)
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!