Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2018, 12:54 PM

Default Re: Exponential Audio new file format

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
The upgrades are free.
Yeah, I got that. Still infuriating with free upgrades.

sent from a stupid phone using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2018, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Haven't dealt with Pace in a long time but I believe if a new plugin id number is given, Exponential Audio would have to reissue iLok assets to everyone for the new plugin (with an associated cost.) You couldn't have two plugins using the same iLok wrapper to authourize as they'd each need individual keys.
If it comes to the additional license its not a problem at all.
When I upgraded my Phoenix VerbSurround to Stratus Surround, EA simply created a folder called Pro Surround Bundle with both licenses living in it. So technically speaking they could place a new version of Stratus in the same folder so everyone would be happy.
I would pay for that kind of upgrade instead of the current "free" one.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 22.55.15.png (19.0 KB, 0 views)

Sound Designer
/ mixer
www.goorevich.com

PT HD⎪N v2024.3 Ultimate ● macOS Ventura 13.6.3
MacPro 7.1 (2019) 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W 16-Core ● 96 GB RAM
MTRX Studio + DADman 5.7.0.1 + MOM ● Sync HD ● AJA Kona LHi referenced by AJA GEN10 ● D-Command ES24
Old 11-21-2018, 04:15 PM

It actually kept my presets in Nimbus.
Old 11-21-2018, 05:09 PM
Development Partner

Hi Folks,
Sorry for any confusion. Your sessions should be OK, but I'm going to look at a few from customers. Be assured that I keep a lot of sessions on my machines and they all came back sounding the same. User presets shouldn't be lost--it's only favorites and preferences. And you won't actually lose favorite presets--you just lose the reference in the favorites list.

This change has been in the public beta for quite some time and I haven't seen grumbles from testers. I really, really, really didn't want to do it, but those files used an attribute of PACE that I felt wasn't sustainable over the long run. I spent considerable time trying to find a workaround, but I simply couldn't get there.

Someone made a suggestion about changing the plugin ID. I'm afraid that's a non-starter. If I made a plugin with a different ID--even if it was otherwise identical to another plug--it would not load in a session as a substitute. The ID is an intrinsic part of the plugin. A different ID is a different plug in.
Old 11-22-2018, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exponential Audio View Post
Someone made a suggestion about changing the plugin ID. I'm afraid that's a non-starter. If I made a plugin with a different ID--even if it was otherwise identical to another plug--it would not load in a session as a substitute. The ID is an intrinsic part of the plugin. A different ID is a different plug in.
That is exactly what I meant, according to the the OP his archived sessions were all changed, if that was intended then a new ID would make sense but after reading your post it seems like his is an isolated case that might not related to the update. I have R2 and to this day it has been my favorite for classic, big digital reverbs and its part of all my templates, I would hate to see something like this happening. Thanks for the clarification, it was as clear as your extremely instructive video tutorials!
Old 11-22-2018, 10:08 AM
Development Partner

Hello,
I've just posted an email to users of the surround reverbs. It turns out there's a problem restoring sessions that were stored with touch/latch enabled. This is a path I haven't tested previously (I don't store my own sessions that way because it feels a little dangerous). Apparently none of the beta testers ran across it either, but it's a real problem that's got to get fixed.

I've reverted to the previous build and will do my best to get this fixed as soon as I can. I'm really sorry this one got by me.

Michael
Old 11-22-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exponential Audio View Post
Hello,
I've just posted an email to users of the surround reverbs. It turns out there's a problem restoring sessions that were stored with touch/latch enabled. This is a path I haven't tested previously (I don't store my own sessions that way because it feels a little dangerous). Apparently none of the beta testers ran across it either, but it's a real problem that's got to get fixed.

I've reverted to the previous build and will do my best to get this fixed as soon as I can. I'm really sorry this one got by me.

Michael
Thank you very much Michael for confirming it. Sorry for saving sessions in touch/latch auto mode However I have never experience any problem working this way with any plugins, ever.
I really appreciate your prompt reaction and your dedication to us - your customers and...your plugins fans.

Sound Designer
/ mixer
www.goorevich.com

PT HD⎪N v2024.3 Ultimate ● macOS Ventura 13.6.3
MacPro 7.1 (2019) 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W 16-Core ● 96 GB RAM
MTRX Studio + DADman 5.7.0.1 + MOM ● Sync HD ● AJA Kona LHi referenced by AJA GEN10 ● D-Command ES24