Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 10-29-2019, 02:11 PM

Default Patchbay cables

Every piece of gear in my studio is connected with mogami neutrik gold cables and I now have enough gear that I'm in need of a patchbay so I'm going to be getting the samson s patch plus. My question is, should I use mogami gold cables for the patchbay? Is the price of the mogami cables worth it quality wise or should I get cheaper ones and if so which ones would you recommend or are you guys using? Thanks for the help!
Old 10-29-2019, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Patchbay cables

We have balanced Mogami made to lenght for our 4 balanced patchbays and Neutrik connectors soldered onto Mogami by us and that way we know it is gonna work everytime. Those coloured Hosa och etc are not great. Whats the point of using expensive mogami and neutrik if you are gonna stop there and use bad or atleast not good patchbay cables where it needs the same quality. A patchbay is just an extension for the gear so going cheap there would be the same as having a crap extension cable from the mogami ones. Put in the money and get balanced mogami or make your own with good Neutrik connectors and great cable.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————