Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 11-15-2017, 10:10 AM

Default EuControl v3.7.0/ Pro Tools | Control on iPad Pro doesn't work...

I have done everything I know how to install the v.3.7.0 EuControl update and have not been able to get my iPad Pro running Pro Tools | Control to recognize it yet. Even de-installed the old version and did fresh install. Any suggestions? I no longer have the E up in the top right menu bar, I just have the Eucon in system preferences and the interface is totally different than previous versions. Tried going back to previous v3.6.1 version but incompatible with installed version on the iPad Pro and not sure how or even if it is possible to install an older version on the iPad Pro.. It auto updates everything which is what got me into the trouble I am in now... Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-21-2017, 03:12 PM

Default Re: EuControl v3.7.0/ Pro Tools | Control on iPad Pro doesn't work...

I was able to get it working; turns out there's a button to engage (that I don't recall turning off): Setup>Peripherals>ethernet controllers>Enable Eucon. This must be on even if you aren't using ethernet controllers. Once on my app worked again. john
Old 11-21-2017, 06:46 PM

Yeah, I enabled that. Still no luck. Even deleted all my PT Prefs. Not sure what is going on...
Old 11-21-2017, 11:24 PM

When you trash preferences and databases that Eucon enabled choice goes back to default which is OFF just so you know.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-22-2017, 08:17 PM

I am well aware of that and I did recheck the Eucon box.
Old 11-24-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithtrax View Post
I am well aware of that and I did recheck the Eucon box.
are you still not up and running with Pro TOols |Control ??? do you have the "E" back ?? is EuCon not auto launching ???

let us know if you still have issues .. cheers john

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 11-26-2017, 10:33 PM

Sorry for slow response. Haven't gotten much response so haven't been checking back that often. I have not gotten the issue resolved. Still no E in the upper right corner and no auto launch when I open my PT | Control on my iPad Pro. Everything was working just fine until I was forced to update to v3.7.0 after the iPad auto updated. Ever since then it's just not working. Not sure if my particular set-up is causing any issues but I really wouldn't think so. I do have tons of keyboard plug-ins as well as software plug-ins. My particular set-up is as follows:

Mac-Pro Late 2013 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
Memory 64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Tons of Hard drive space - mainly SSD drives

RME Fireface UFX+ Interface
RME Octamic XTC via Lightpipe
Presonus Digimax LT via Lightpipe

Software Bundles:
Waves Mercury Bundle, Waves SSL Bundle, Waves Abbey Road Bundle, Electric 200 Piano, Electric 88 Piano, Infected Mushroom Pusher. Slate Digital Mix Rack, Eventide Anthology X, Spectrasonics (Keyscape, Stylus RMX, Omnisphere, Trillian), Native Instruments Komplete 11 Ultimate, Arturia V-Collection 5, Reason 8, Antares (Auto Tune 8, Choir EVO, Duo EVO, Mic Mod EFX), Metric Halo Channel Strip, Toontrack's Superiror Drummer 3, 2 and EZ Drummer2 plugins just about every EZX and SDX they have available, Toontrack's EZkeys sound library including their Classic Electrics, Retro Electrics, Grand Piano and Studio Grand Piano. The Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle and there might be a few others but that pretty much covers the majority of the plug-ins...
Old 11-26-2017, 10:36 PM

Forgot, I am running ProTools 12.8.2x186
Old 12-05-2017, 11:35 AM

More trouble shooting today. So I uninstalled 3.7.0 and re-installed 3.6.1. I get the "E" back up in the menu bar in the top right of my screen and with the Eucon screen open I get a check box to Auto Launch Apps in the lower Left of the window. So I uninstall it and re-install 3.7.0, and no more "E" in menu bar in the top right of my screen. I have to manually open the system preferences panel to get to the Eucon main screen and there is no Auto Launch Apps check box in lower left part of the screen. Only differences I can tell... I am running Mac OS 10.12.6 and I made a mistake of the ProTools version.. I am running 12.8.2r2 which is x106 not x186.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:54 PM

I too am having the same issues as you, Smithtrax. I'm new to Pro Tools (about 2 weeks now), but I've been a pro in the audio industry for 40 years, and am having exactly the same issue you are, with exactly the same behaviour. No indicator and the iOS app says not connected.

My rig consists of a MacBook Pro Early 2015, 2.7GHz Intel i5, 8GB RAM, PT 12.8.2x106, Apogee Duet and Quartet, Focusrite Saffire PRO 40.