Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2007, 11:55 PM

Default Anyone using a TouchScreen??

I use Reason, FLStudio, and Pro Tools LE so I use 2 screens, but I want a touch screen because I think it would be faster.. Anyone using touch screens with thier studio set up?
Old 02-18-2007, 01:09 AM

Default Re: Anyone using a TouchScreen??

This sounds like an interesting idea. I'm a sucker for touch screens, NDS, iPhone, I want it all
What do you have in mind? What would one control with the touchscreen? What touchscreens are you thinking of?
Old 02-18-2007, 05:39 AM

Oh, yeah! Me likes!
Old 02-18-2007, 07:49 AM

i do work for a company (lectrosonics) that employs this feature in some of their gear for programming such as crestron and amx, technology they use in smart homes. when you write the code for touch screen systems (macrows) it typically tells the host what to do EXACTLY, turn on turn off, switch to this, shut this off when you switch etc, dont know if they have a way to actually have a way for using something like a fader that needs a potentiometer style movement. plus the scrolling screen and such would all play problems. not being a buzz kill, but what i understand as the reality of it, could be wrong?? would kick a** though! then i might become more blind than i am already

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 02-20-2007, 12:49 AM

I would use it for Reason, since on the mixer it has knobs; it would short cut alot of external MIDI transport functions and I produce Hip-Hop which requires alot of regions within pro tools so that would help me arrange alot faster; just to move it with my finger or a pen. I wonder how big of a touch screen panel I could get... ...That would be cool to produce a session standing in front of a big touch screen...
Old 02-20-2007, 06:26 AM

Im glad to know im not the only one who ever thought of using a touch screen for the mix window, i want to use it in protools. I have this ideal monitor setup for my furture studio. I want two 19" mon that hold my edit window, a 17" mon to hold my plugins(battery, reason, moog.ect) and then a 15" touch screen mon to run the faders and stuff on the mix window.
Somebody relief me of my crazyness and tell me that would be sweet and they would do it to. lol
Old 02-20-2007, 06:26 AM

Im glad to know im not the only one who ever thought of using a touch screen for the mix window, i want to use it in protools. I have this ideal monitor setup for my furture studio. I want two 19" mon that hold my edit window, a 17" mon to hold my plugins(battery, reason, moog.ect) and then a 15" touch screen mon to run the faders and stuff on the mix window.
Somebody relief me of my crazyness and tell me that would be sweet and they would do it to. lol
Old 02-20-2007, 02:26 PM

i agree it would be cool, but the technology is simply not available to us mere mortals and software manufactures i am sure would have to program there software for this as well. look at any touch screen system, it is not a "moving" or "scrolling" screen, it is a stagnent screen that is programmed for simple commands. plus having to be that close to the screen i think would be a hinderance for mixing, i could see midi editing and programming would be amazing!!

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 02-20-2007, 10:48 PM

Quote:
ilook at any touch screen system, it is not a "moving" or "scrolling" screen, it is a stagnent screen that is programmed for simple commands.
Are you talking screens for computers now or touch screens in general? Because if you're talking in general I think there are a few exceptions, why would that be a problem porting to a computer?
Old 02-21-2007, 06:09 AM

Check out the entryby "Marsu" on this page... LOGIC 8 RUMOURS