Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 07-09-2020, 10:47 AM

Default s1&dock&eucon issues with Cubase 10.5

just got back on avid/eucon board after 6 years, i was a not impressed avid artist mix user.

i should first say, things got really better and i enjoy the dock&ipad and s1 combination and it definately speeds up my workflow.

But there are some bugs with cubase:

1)"write" button on right dock editer will activate write but the light won't turn on.

2) no matter what i try, programing eucon command or a key command, i cant change the automation type (touch, latch or cross over) and why is there an off button, why can't we deactivate read or write just by pressing the programmed button again?

3) i programmed some soft keys to send multiple commands (change s1 layout, change cubase track visibility configuration) it took me multiple times to get it work, even though my programming was the same, when you programm multiple commands it sometimes works sometimes not. usually the first command work but the 2nd....it's hit and miss in my case. and the 3rd command (i was trying key commands and eucon) i could never get it to work. example: i want the soft key to change s1 layout, cubase track visibility and also cubase workspace. i could get 2 commands to work with 1 button but the 3rd one didnt work so i have to have seperate softkeys for workspaces.

4) the editor, plz guys, yes things got better in 6-7 years after i left artist mix etc....but the editor is like a joke from 80s. you can't copy and paste, you can't search, there is even not a alphabetical order. There are soooo many eucon commands, it should be easier to navigate and program, the editor is almost the same as 6-7 years ago.

5) when i edit an insert it opens the plugin window but i can't get it to close the window when i exit.

6) the issue with track page on ipad is known i think, if you exceed a certain track count in your project...eucon crashes. this is i think not only a cubase issue.

7) some UAD plugins won't show the parameter values on ipad. and some show different values than the plugin. like API Channel strip or Neve 1081 Eq.

8) fabfilter plugins and dock encoders act weird, just try it and you will see.

9) why do we need to load softkey everytime we start eucon, why can it be not saved as default setting?

Last edited by anason-records; 07-09-2020 at 11:28 AM.
Old 09-08-2020, 10:27 AM
Avid

Default Re: s1&dock&eucon issues with Cubase 10.5

1)"write" button on right dock editer will activate write but the light won't turn on. - Will ask QA to test

2) no matter what i try, programing eucon command or a key command, i cant change the automation type (touch, latch or cross over) and why is there an off button, why can't we deactivate read or write just by pressing the programmed button again? - These follow PT lead (has an off) I would need to play with it to see whats going on here

3) i programmed some soft keys to send multiple commands (change s1 layout, change cubase track visibility configuration) it took me multiple times to get it work, even though my programming was the same, when you programm multiple commands it sometimes works sometimes not. usually the first command work but the 2nd....it's hit and miss in my case. and the 3rd command (i was trying key commands and eucon) i could never get it to work. example: i want the soft key to change s1 layout, cubase track visibility and also cubase workspace. i could get 2 commands to work with 1 button but the 3rd one didnt work so i have to have seperate softkeys for workspaces. - I suspect this is because the commands are firing too quickly. We have adding a programable delay between cammand on our list of to do's

4) the editor, plz guys, yes things got better in 6-7 years after i left artist mix etc....but the editor is like a joke from 80s. you can't copy and paste, you can't search, there is even not a alphabetical order. There are soooo many eucon commands, it should be easier to navigate and program, the editor is almost the same as 6-7 years ago. - Yep, we have some ideas on how we will change this but it may take a little longer.

5) when i edit an insert it opens the plugin window but i can't get it to close the window when i exit. - This is a problem in Cubase we think, we are talking to them about issues.

6) the issue with track page on ipad is known i think, if you exceed a certain track count in your project...eucon crashes. this is i think not only a cubase issue. - Yes I see this posted a bit....but it just doesn't happen to everyone, including us. There has to be something else unique thats causing it. I have had people send me their sessions and they work fine here on multiple systems. We keep looking....

7) some UAD plugins won't show the parameter values on ipad. and some show different values than the plugin. like API Channel strip or Neve 1081 Eq. This comes from Cubase

8) fabfilter plugins and dock encoders act weird, just try it and you will see. - Will ask QA to test but it could be coming from Cubase

9) why do we need to load softkey everytime we start eucon, why can it be not saved as default setting? This shouldn't be the case, The Save As and Load are really Import and Export. Once loaded or any changes made the save button should then make them permenant
Old 09-08-2020, 05:40 PM

thx a lot!
Old 09-09-2020, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post

9) why do we need to load softkey everytime we start eucon, why can it be not saved as default setting? This shouldn't be the case, The Save As and Load are really Import and Export. Once loaded or any changes made the save button should then make them permenant
feel lile this is a simple mistake on my end/setup. eucom turns on for me allways with default softkey layout. than i have to click load and install my last saved file.

i think it’s not being saved on the right file, could you help?
Old 09-10-2020, 08:49 AM
Avid

After you load your file do you then press Save?
Old 09-22-2020, 01:06 PM

yes, i did both save and save as. i attached a screen shot. did i maybe mess up the folder structure and i am saving to a wrong file?

It's uder MC_USER_SET_root.

as seen on screen shot, there are 3 files in the folder. 2 of them mention cubase so i saved my layout on both files. If i click and load them its all fine, but still eucontrol starts with factory layout first.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 1.01.45 PM.jpg (31.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-22-2020, 01:13 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by anason-records View Post
yes, i did both save and save as. i attached a screen shot. did i maybe mess up the folder structure and i am saving to a wrong file?

It's uder MC_USER_SET_root.

as seen on screen shot, there are 3 files in the folder. 2 of them mention cubase so i saved my layout on both files. If i click and load them its all fine, but still eucontrol starts with factory layout first.
Thats the folder where EuControl saves with the save button. If you have saved over these then maybe that could be the issue.

Try this: Do a Save As of the ones you want to the Desktop. Then press Restore in EuControl. Restart EuControl and make sure the softkeys are back to factory. Then Load the ones from the Desktop and press Save. Restart EuControl and see if you now have your ones by default.
Old 09-22-2020, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Thats the folder where EuControl saves with the save button. If you have saved over these then maybe that could be the issue.

Try this: Do a Save As of the ones you want to the Desktop. Then press Restore in EuControl. Restart EuControl and make sure the softkeys are back to factory. Then Load the ones from the Desktop and press Save. Restart EuControl and see if you now have your ones by default.

still the same, i tried also deleting those files, reloading my softkey setup from desktop xml file as you said. than saved it. it created a new cubase 10.xml file in the folder but still my softkey are set to factory default when i start eucon.

can the reason be, i am on cubase 10.5? Eucon saves it as Cubase 10.xml
Old 09-22-2020, 02:03 PM

just found out also, if i hit "restore" it warns me that i will loose my sofykey settings and it will go back to factory default...but it does not, as of now "restore" doesn't change anyting.
Old 09-22-2020, 05:47 PM
Avid

Can you select the menu option on the EuControl notification Icon Collect log Files...it might help. Put them somewhere and give me a link (or PM me)