Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2010, 07:48 PM

Default M Powered using Conectiv as Digi Hardware

I am trying to use the virtual instruments in a track to record some beats. I enable recording, but when recording no sound/waveform is being recorded. I can hear the instrument and see the meter indicating sound is present. Any suggestions on why nothing is being recorded? I am using Conectiv as my hardware. Thanks for any help.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:54 AM

Question Re: M Powered using Conectiv as Digi Hardware

I wouldn't think this would be a signal routing issue due to conective only has 4 channels-1-2, 3-4. I am able to monitor the signal thru headphones connected thru conectiv. No other connects on conective except USB to laptop. I can also rewire torq and get a signal into the track, but not able to record it. The I/O setup in M power is default. I didn't see a need to change.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:01 AM

Default Re: M Powered using Conectiv as Digi Hardware

Just updated signature

ASUS 2.5Ghz Windows 7 M-Audio Conectiv Pro Tools M-Powered 8 ver 8.0.4
Old 10-26-2010, 01:28 PM

Default Re: M Powered using Conectiv as Digi Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swayprod View Post
I am trying to use the virtual instruments in a track to record some beats. I enable recording, but when recording no sound/waveform is being recorded. I can hear the instrument and see the meter indicating sound is present. Any suggestions on why nothing is being recorded? I am using Conectiv as my hardware. Thanks for any help.
Check to make sure your in the right channel first. then check to see if this is an adio track and not midi or any other. click the big red button in the tool bar and then solo and record on track. there shouldnt be any reason that you cant record now