Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software

Old 07-05-2019, 05:39 AM

Default Remote Digi Pre via Network

Hi
Is it possible to control a Digi Pre over a network? I've got it working on a local mac with a focusrite interface for midi and audio.
I've tried setting it up on another mac and setting up a network session between the two machines. I can select the Pre in Pro Tools in peripherals with the IO set to network session channel 1. I don't get any communication errors but its not working...

Thanks

Ben
Old 10-31-2019, 03:01 AM

Default Re: Remote Digi Pre via Network

I've cracked it!
You can use a second machine with Virtual Here to access a USB MIDI Interface over the network. Setup the Virtual Here server on the remote machine and run the client on your local machine.
It can then be used remotely over any device on the same network.

Now does anyone know how to gang channel gains together? I can select multiple channels on the front panel and change the gains simultaneously but I can't see a way of doing this within protools. I would be nice to set a balance and then use a trim value to alter the overall gain, keeping the relative levels.

Thanks