Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 09-06-2006, 03:37 AM

Default Still getting at least 3 crashes per day on 7.2!!!

Well that's probably the 5th i've had today. Once was after i duplicated a track. Most are when the session is full to the brim with plugins and it needs to shuffle. I just tried to instantiate the Oxford TransMod and i get a -7024 error, then BAM, crash.

Timeblender also freezes the system when a shuffle gets to it.

Almost all RTAS plugs on Aux's block audio after a shuffle too. They need to be inactivated and then re-activated to work. That is a PITA when you've got ****loads going on.

C'mon DIGI. Its still the same old problem of using multiple processors in the Quad G5, with RTAS, right??

Please do something about it, its killing my workflow.

fman

PT 7.2 HD3, Quad G5, 4.5Gb mem, lots of plugs etc etc.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:17 PM

Default Re: Still getting at least 3 crashes per day on 7.

i have to say here . . .

i have already updated my website to say i have 7.2 but i'm afraid to put down my $199

no cs yet.... for 7.2....everybody's screaming in here

i'm just not in beta test mode right now

7.1cs9 is what i'm using and it's shakey enough

come on guys...back off of the midi implementation development and get the prime software stable please

we already have midi rigs that will work around what you never gave us soon enough for our workloads

Old 09-06-2006, 12:25 PM
Avid

Default Re: Still getting at least 3 crashes per day on 7.2!!!

Quote:
Well that's probably the 5th i've had today. Once was after i duplicated a track. Most are when the session is full to the brim with plugins and it needs to shuffle. I just tried to instantiate the Oxford TransMod and i get a -7024 error, then BAM, crash.

Timeblender also freezes the system when a shuffle gets to it.

Almost all RTAS plugs on Aux's block audio after a shuffle too. They need to be inactivated and then re-activated to work. That is a PITA when you've got ****loads going on.

C'mon DIGI. Its still the same old problem of using multiple processors in the Quad G5, with RTAS, right??

Please do something about it, its killing my workflow.

fman

PT 7.2 HD3, Quad G5, 4.5Gb mem, lots of plugs etc etc.
Have you absolutely, positively verified that all installed plug-ins are Pro Tools 7 compatible?
Old 09-06-2006, 01:30 PM

Same here, in both studios:

- strange delay when switching buffersize to 128
- crash when switching playlist in some circumstances
- save error when drag/dropping files from finder and workspace
- long spinnng beach ball when importing audio through menu (time to get coffee)

MassiveMusic

SOS article
Old 09-06-2006, 08:08 PM

Quote:

Have you absolutely, positively verified that all installed plug-ins are Pro Tools 7 compatible?
Absolutely. I purchase the system as 7.1, only 4 months ago. I have downloaded every single plugin from the appropriate manufacturers website - all indicate they are PT7 compatible. I am forced to use HW buffer size 512, due to the Altiverb bug, but most of these problems were occuring with 7.1 anyway. I always use Long ADC. Running MacOS 10.4.5.

I'm using Waves Diamond, SSL, Eventide Anthology II, MCDsp Everything, SoundToys Everything, Oxford everything, HD3 pack, Altiverb, BFD, T-Racks, Amplitube LE & 2.

Altiverb and Soundtoys are usual culprits for blocking audio when i use them as RTAS inserts on Auxillaries, after a shuffle. And plugin shuffle freezes (spinning beachball) on Timeblender in a large session.

Still get the bug where something ?? happens and i'm unable to use the alphabet keys. I can continue working as long as i dont try to enter a name of a track. I can play, cant remember if the quickkeys still function, but the A-z keys still work outside of Protools. Protools quits if i use the keyboard to type letters into a track name.

i'm sure its all Quad G5 related. This has been brought up before http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...=&fpart=1&vc=1

fman
Old 09-07-2006, 12:11 AM

Default Re: Still getting at least 3 crashes per day on 7.

Isn't OS 10.4.7 recommended for PT 7.2?

FWIW, I'm getting many crashes every day also and I just upgraded to 7.2 a couple days ago. Many new features but it's been a bitch so far.